Making its debut in 1984, the Wendel Jr. was a drum replacer featuring acoustic drum and percussion samples engineered by Roger Nichols. Based on its $80,000 predecessor (simply known as the Wendel), the Jr. featured samples - most famously used on Steely Dan's Gaucho album and a slew of hits from country to rock.
The Wendel emphatically stated it was not a drum machine, and instead intended to replace drum machines' "horrible" sounds. But since we love drum machines, we decided to turn it into one, sourcing 20 of the original cartridges and creating the most extensive multi-sample Wendel pack in existence.
- (1536) 96kHz 24-bit WAV Samples.
- Available at 96 kHz and 44.1 kHz.
- Clean and processed versions for all hits.
- (7) 16x Hit Kits for easy jamming.
- (24) Multi-sampled pitches for Kick, 4 Snares, 4 Cowbells, Echo, Cross Stick, Block, Hi Hats, Ducks (Guiros), Tom, Explosion, and Handclaps.
- All samples from the original Wendel Jr. cartridges.
- 100% Hardware processing.
- 292 MB Unzipped (96k).
- 166.7 MB Unzipped (44.1k).
Intro Price: $17.40 (Reg. $29.00).