Code Red is inspired by two versions of the classic, all tube, British console form the 1960s most closely associated with the sound of The Beatles. The original,"Pop" and "Classic", EQs had fixed characteristic frequencies and Qs so SGA thought it would be nice to make the EQ fully adjustable. While they were at it they added two more mid bands and a high pass filter. Fear not, the original EQs are still available, as presets.
Two preamp models, based on the full circuit simulation, accurately emulate preamps used in two versions of the original console this plug-in is based on.
- High fidelity models of two original preamps based on the full circuit simulation.
- Fully flexible parametric EQ.
- Accurately modeled original "Classic" and "Pop" EQs are included as presets.
- Automatic 4x oversampling.
- Stereo processing mode with linked as well as separate Left and Right channel EQ and controls.
- Mid-sides processing mode.
- Selectable Mono processing mode for increased efficiency when processing mono signals.
- Dry-Wet mixing.
Price: $44.99 Code Red is free for those who donated $20 or more to Shattered Glass Audio for Code Red Free before 1 February 2016.