SGA1566 MkII adds major processing and feature enhancements to SGA1566. At the heart of SGA1566 MkII is a single channel vintage tube preamplifier with added two-band active Baxandall EQ and stereo processing. To achieve an authentic analog sound, the preamp circuit is simulated in real time using the high performance circuit simulator. The two-band Baxandall EQ can be positioned either before or after the preamp, or be completely taken out of the signal chain. Up to 8x oversampling can be used to eliminate aliasing. SGA1566 MkII offers two different filter types for use in oversampling. The SGA1566 is designed to add warmth to a track, as a saturation compressor, or to add "dirt" with tube overdrive.
- Authentic analog sound through real-time high-performance circuit simulation.
- Preamp featuring two 12AX7 voltage amplification stages.
- CPU friendly model of the circuit.
- Three selectable CPU modes.
- Two-band active Baxandall EQ that can be taken out of the signal path or placed either before or after the preamp.
- Up to 8x oversampling with two choices of filtering.
- Mono or stereo processing mode.
Price: $29.99. SGA1566 MkII is free for those who donated $15 or more to Shattered Glass Audio before 15 January 2015.