Signum Audio has announced the release of the BUTE Limiter plugin, the latest and most versatile addition to their range of the advanced loudness solution, BUTE.
Bute Limiter is driven by a new audio limiting algorithm using a novel approach that they claim to be "the most transparent limiter around. It delivers limiting with a pure, smooth sound that stays faithful to the original while True Peak limiting."
Signum Audio's design approach is intended to make the BUTE Limiter simple to use on individual tracks for mixing or on the final master bus. The graphical user-interface gives users in-depth analysis and readings for True Peak, Threshold and Gain Reduction. Alternatively, a user can collapse the plug-in to a numerical data-only view to save on valuable screen real-estate.
For more creative applications, there is a Pre-Gain to push or reduce the incoming signal's volume, meaning that the plug-in can also function as a maximiser. Included are 5 different release modes to choose from including Linear, Transparent and Pumping, with the option of automatic release time calculation depending on content.
Signum Audio's algorithm guarantees no true peek overshoots and the highest quality linear phase upsampling. This can make it particularly useful for broadcasters.
- Comprehensive user-interface providing you with a smarter workflow.
- Collapsible window so you can switch to a numerical data-only view to save valuable screen space.
- True peak, ultra transparent limiting, with a novel approach to brick wall limiting making it "overshoot proof".
- Surround to up to 10 Channel Atmos.
- Automatic reading re-metering to reflect adjustments.
- 5 Different release curves to choose from, with optional automatic release time calculation depending on content.
- In-Depth history and readings for True Peak, Threshold and Gain Reduction.
- Useful Pre-Gain to push or reduce the incoming signal's volume.
- Available in Stereo and Surround versions.
- Pro Tools 12.5 or higher.
- Included with the BUTE Loudness Suite.
Until the 19th of March, you can get it for the introductory price of £29.The Limiter is available in Stereo (introductory price £29 +vat) or Surround (introductory price £49 +vat). The surround version adds full support for 5.1, 7.1 and up to 10 channel Atmos.
Furthermore, the plugin will be available for free to existing BUTE Loudness Suite users. Competitive enterprise options are also available for studios looking for multiple licenses by contacting email@example.com. Compatible with Mac (10.9 or higher) / Windows (8.1 or higher) and Pro Tools 12.5 or higher.
You can learn more and download a 10-day free trial here.