Signum Audio has released BUTE Loudness Suite 2 (BUTE-LS2) along with BUTE Loudness Analyser 2 (BUTE-LA2), major updates to the loudness and True Peak Brickwall limiting toolkit. New features include more integrated limiting functionality along with "smart" workflow improvements.
Signum Audio says:
BUTE-LS2 equips mixing and mastering engineers with everything required for loudness metering and True Peak Brickwall limiting to optimise their mix within loudness specifications, set internally or by delivery platforms, for quality assurance.
New In BUTE Loudness Suite 2 (BUTE-LS2)
The main improvement to BUTE-LS2 is the integration of configurable limiting settings in the main user interface. The release time is automatically configured based on multiple properties of the input signal, and the release dial can be used to set the multiplication factor of the calculated release time, enabling fine tuning. Pre-gain is also adjustable, as is the selection of a preset limiting curve - Transparent, Natural or Smooth - which are designed to preserve the qualities of the original mix.
Limiting functionality is retained in BUTE-LS2's compact read-out view, which is completely scalable, and useful for optimising screen estate when working with multiple programs simultaneously.
BUTE-LS2's display settings are accessible from the main user interface. Easily toggle between readings for True Peak/LUFS Metering (new), Relative/Absolute Scale, and Max/Live modes to get a variety of read-outs. A Dynamic Range read-out has been included, based on requests from users.
Performance and compatibility with VST, AU and AAX (including Audio Suite) formats has been significantly improved. BUTE-LS2 auto-syncs to the DAW on load-up and automatically re-meters instantaneously on the graphical user interface to reflect alterations, which is a particularly useful feature for workflow support.
In the Surround version, BUTE-LS2 auto-detects the channel configuration being used in the DAW, with a drop-down menu to select the desired configuration and obtain channel input readings for up to 7.1.2 Atmos.
Signum Audio concludes:
BUTE-LS2 is one of the most specialised loudness metering and limiting toolkits available to the post-production industry. We believe that smart plugins, designed to optimise workflows, are the future of digital studios and we look forward to releasing new software in the area of dynamics.
The latest update includes the same improvements, aside from the limiting functionality, to the BUTE Loudness Analyser 2 (BUTE-LA2).
Overview of what's new in BUTE Loudness Suite 2 (BLS2):
- New integrated limiting functionality within the main user interface allowing configuration of auto-adaptive release, post-gain and selection Transparent, Natural and Smooth curves presets (not in BUTE-LA2).
- New display settings within the main user interface, including new True Peak/LUFS Metering view, Relative/Absolute Scale and Max/Live modes.
- New Dynamic Range reading as requested by users.
- Improved compatibility with wide range of DAWs (VST / AU / AAX including AudioSuite).
- Auto-syncs to DAW on load-up so plugin engages on launch.
- Improved window resizability in full and compact read-out view to optimise screen estate when using multiple programs.
- Compact read-out view retains access to limiting controls.
- Ability to switch tooltips on and off
- Simplified read-outs for added clarity.
- Better responsiveness all-round.
- Surround version - auto-detects channel configuration you are using and lets you select configuration from drop-down menu in main display to test inputs for up to 7.1.2 Atmos.
- Industry standard (IEC 60268-18) meter bar fallback behaviour for more natural feel.
Existing BUTE Loudness Suite users will receive the new update free. A free trial of the Suite is available on Signum Audio's website.
BUTE plugins are available for 64-bit VST / AU / AAX (including Audio Suite), compatible with Mac (10.9 or higher), Windows (8.1 or higher), and Pro Tools 12.5 or higher.
BUTE plugins are available in a Stereo or expanded Surround version. The Surround version provides additional multi-channel support for metering and limiting up to 7.1.2 Atmos.
Plugin Boutique Launch Promotion
To celebrate the launch of BUTE-LS2, Signum Audio has teamed up with Plugin Boutique to offer a special launch discount, with BUTE-LS2 starting from $129, from Thursday the 25th of February until the end of March, 2021.