Silence+Other Sounds has released Freaktion, a collection of sounds from tortured metallic objects, with a 50% introductory price for the next 30 days.
There are sampled friction mallets, superballs, bows and multiple stiff and sharp objects on a large variety of metals, such as large aluminium plates, tension coils, elastic springs, buckets and even custom-made stringed instruments. The result is a cinematic library of unsettling strident noises, horrifying squeals, sinister squeaks and other effects.
Freaktion is intended for sound designers and composers of horror cinematic music looking for new, unique sounds: whenever you're looking to add a disturbing, 'freaky' character to your productions, Freaktion includes long pitch bends, scratchy rising elements, ear piercing screeches and even deep organic tones and vocal effects.
Freaktion also comes with a set of original source recordings (130+ .wavs 96 kHz 24-bit). These sounds have been treated with a transparent process of EQ and de-noising, plus adding some light sweeteners to create more presence along the spectrum.
Freaktion comes with a custom Kontakt UI (11 Instruments) to further manipulate the sounds.
- 4 folders of high resolution and ROYALTY free sounds.
- 330+ sounds in total (96 kHz 24-bit .wav).
- Rubbed metallic elements and surfaces (friction mallets, super-ball).
- Bowed coils and springs.
- Horrifying squeaks and squeals.
- Eerie SFXs from stringed instruments built ad hoc.
- Cinematic tones and vocal effects.
- Construction kit of 130+ source recordings (friction mallets, bows plus any sort of sharp objects applied to surfaces, plates, strings, coils, metallic wires, springs, buckets and resonators).
Intro Price: $24.50 (Reg. $49).