Silence+OtherSounds has announced the release of Zithergeist, a Kontakt library based on unconventional stringed instruments recorded in unconventional ways.
Silence+OtherSounds meticulously sampled note by note a number of atypical instruments like miniharps, mandolin of unknown origins and even an Apulian zither, a guitar-resembling tool from the Southern province of Apulia (Italy), traditionally used to extrude pasta filaments from raw dough.
The recorded instruments feature multiple articulations, from plucks to hammered and muted effects, obtained experimenting with a variety of metallic objects applied to the strings. Moreover, each individual note can be mixed with 4 different layers of cinematic sound effects, derived from the same instrument and 'tuned' to the corresponding note.
Zithergeist is an instrument for cinematic composition: whether you want to create minimal dark melodies or heavenly arpeggios, piercing high frequency tones or emotional chord progressions, cinematic droning effects, eastern-reminiscent melodies or adrenalinic rhythmical sequences, Zithergeist offers you an arsenal of instruments and editing possibilities.
Zithergeist includes a separate set of Kontakt instruments purely focused on cinematic sound effects obtained by experimenting on the source instruments with bows and self-built mallets (500+ SFX 96 kHz - 24-bit).
- Acoustic Mini Harp (3 multi-sampled articulations, plucked, hammered and muted - 4 layers of tuned sfx - 30 presets).
- Acoustic Unknown Mandolin (3 multi-sampled articulations, plucked, hammered and muted - 4 layers of tuned sfx - 24 presets).
- Acoustic Apulian zither (bowed sound fxs - hammered sound fxs – percussive fxs).
- 3 synthetic string instruments (2 multi-sampled articulations, pluck and hammer - 4 layers of tuned sfx - 30+ presets).
- Up to 13 velocity levels and 4 round robins per note.
- String editor containing unison effects, note detuning and transient master.
- SFX editor containing Octave switcher and LFO.
- Convolution Module containing 120+ experimental IRs.
- 8 separate SFX dedicated Kontakt instruments with individual control on each sample.
- A total of 600+ High Resolution SFX (96 kHz – 24-bit – ROYALTY free).
- 6.9 GB of material.
Intro Price: $69 (Reg. $99).