Sinevibes has released Fraction, an Audio Unit effect plugin for deep real-time manipulation and re-engineering of sound.
Fraction features 8 slicers which record and repeat small portions of the input audio at defined points in time, slightly or radically changing the rhythmical arrangement. Each slice has three dedicated effect processors with a wide range of algorithms, and their parameters can be animated in precise sync with the slice repeater. Rolls, stutters, fills, breaks and transitions be done, but Fraction is designed to have enough power to create whole musical pieces out of almost anything.
- Real-time audio waveform preview for visual slice marker placement.
- Eight audio slicers with individual size, repeat count, forward/reverse playback, duck and gate settings.
- Variable slice trigger probability, realtime randomization for slice size and repeat count.
- Eight slice sets each holding slice positions and on/off switches.
- Thee separate effect units per slice with 15 algorithm types each: low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and band-reject filters, phaser, barber-pole phaser, positive and negative flangers, chorus, bit depth and sample rate reducers, analog drive, circuit-bent filter, frequency shifter and pitch shifter.
- Four parameter animation generators per slice, hardwired to slice repeat rate.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.