Softube releases Console 1 for Windows and updates all plug-ins to v2.1.31
Softube has announced that the Windows version of the Console 1 software is finally available. The upgraded software (version 2.1.31) adds new features that further enhances the workflow for Mac OS X too.
The update adds automatic transfer of track name for Pro Tools, Logic Pro and Ableton Live*. This means that the track name you enter in your DAW automatically gets transferred to the corresponding track in Console1.
Furthermore, in Ableton Live, there is also automatic transfer of track number. This means that any tracks you add, and any reordering of tracks you perform in Ableton Live is automatically mirrored in the Console 1 mixer. This places Ableton Live in the company of Studio One, Cubase and Nuendo, which are other DAWs where this function has been implemented.
Console 1 specific changes in v2.1.31:
- Added Windows support.
- Added auto track name support for Pro Tools 11.2.
- Added auto track name support for Logic X 10.0.7.
- Added auto track name/number support for Ableton Live 8.4.1 and higher.
- Improved track naming available from On-Screen Display.
- Mac: On-Screen Display shows up on all work spaces.
- Disabled multi-mono support for Console 1 in Pro Tools.
- Various GUI fixes and improvements.
General changes in 2.1.31:
- Mix Bundle, TSAR-1R Reverb, FET Compressor and Passive-Active Pack no longer require the iLok USB dongle.
- Tool tip time increased up to 4 seconds.
- Improved Sonar compatibility.
*Automatic transfer of track name/number in Ableton Live works with the AU version of the Console 1 plug-in only, and requires that all track names start with a "#".