Sonic Instruments has released S-Board, a creative modular effect suite for macOS and Windows (Standalone/VST/AU/AAX).
Quote from their website:
S-Board gives you unlimited sound-shaping possibilities. Build your own signal chain by simply drag & drop the units onto the board, then patch in some modifier units to turn a static sound into an dazzling soundscape. S-Board can become your go-to mixing channel strip or your secret sound design weapon, it's all up to you.
S-Board comes with 7 stock modules:
- Acousma | Delay/Modulation: An analog tape delay. It gives you a wide range of delay time and feedback to dial in. Pair it with a modifier, tons of unusual effects await.
- Charger | Harmonic: A vacuum tube inspired tone shaper. Saturate your sound for extra color and warmth, or distort it relentlessly. Tweak with caution.
- Sweep | Filter: A classic ladder filter emulation. Do a nice and warm filter sweep, or pair it with an LFO for unpredictable auto-wah effects.
- Pressure | Dynamic: A musical and versatile compressor with optional sidechain input. Its soft-knee design and unique gain reduction curve excel at tightening things up and glue things together.
- LFO | Modifier: A beloved modifier. It acts like a robotic hand tweaking knobs for you following certain patterns. Connect it to a unit, a static sound becomes dynamic.
- Gain | Utility: A utility for gain staging. Don't let its simplicity fool you, plug in a modifier to its gain makes it a tremolo, or pan and it becomes an auto panner.
- Palette | EQ: A colorful EQ module. Its adaptive curves react musically to the cutoff frequencies and the amount of your boost/cut. When pushed hard, its tube amplification stage provides a warm and tube-y saturation instead of digital clipping.
Besides the stock units, there are two additional modules available for purchase:
- Bokeh | Bidirectional Reverb: bidirectional (forward & reversed) reverb module capable of creating extra ambient and dynamic. The "vibe" knob cycles through different reverb types, from small plates to lush halls or anything in between.
- dieRoboter | Classic 32-Band Vocoder: classic analog vocoder with 32 filter bands evenly distributed across octaves. Clear and articulated robotic voice is what it does the best.
Additional note for macOS users: S-Board is compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur, and it runs natively on Apple silicon models.