Sonica Instruments has announced the release of Sanshin Virtuoso Japanese Series.
Here's what they say:
Sanshin is a Kontakt library of Okinawan music's most iconic instrument. As such, we have meticulously designed the library in pursuit of the most authentic sanshin sound, while incorporating many features to make those sounds more accessible to creators. For example, the Instrument Editor models the sonic variations from different plectrums and string gauges. And the Groove Browser contains over 260 sanshin accompaniment patterns that you can use directly in your own music. Check our website for more details.
- The library features samples from two sanshin models with different tone characteristics: a modern genuine snakeskin model with bright, transparent tones, and a vintage genuine snakeskin model with very deep and rich tones.
- Contains a wide assortment of finger-whistling sounds essential for enlivening performances of Okinawan music.
- Comes with nine picking styles, as well as finger-slide noises and string-muting noise.
- Alternate picking function lets the performer play a succession of alternating downstrokes and upstrokes.
- String mode mechanism specifies the string to be played to bring out the instrument's full range of expressiveness just like a real sanshin.
- In addition to three preset tunings — standard tuning (hon choshi), second-string raised tuning (ni-age choshi), and third-string lowered tuning (san-sage choshi), the instrument's key can be freely transposed.
- Tuning mechanism allows for relative volume adjustments and fine-tuning of each string.
- Three plectrum types are available — fingernail, water buffalo plectrum, and guitar pick — with control over the picking impact component.
- The string character selector offers three types of strings: Thick, Normal, and Thin.
- String mode controls the three strings independently to recreate authentic sanshin playing styles.
- Keyboard legato function provides instant execution of hammer-ons, pull-offs, and trills.
- 257 sanshin accompaniment phrases recorded as MIDI grooves taken from 72 melodies based on traditional songs and folk tunes from Okinawa and Yaeyama.
- Grooves are key-assignable for performance and can be dragged and dropped directly from the browser into a DAW and used as MIDI data.
- All samples recorded in 24-bit / 96 kHz high resolution for vivid, powerful sounds.
- Create your own mixes with the multi-microphone samples and a dedicated mixer with individual controls for Direct, Overhead, Room, and Stereo Mix.
- Compatible with Kontakt Player / Kontakt Full Ver. 5.7.3 or newer.
- NKS ready.
Intro Offer：$212 until January 31st, 2021 (Reg. $250).