Now Cosmosƒ vSaturn "advanced stochastic synthesiser" supports and communicates with the IOSONO Wave Field Synthesis surround audio rendering system:
- Based on the Wave Field Synthesis technique, which is characterised by creation of virtual acoustic environments, the BARCO NV system produces artificial wave fronts synthesised by a large number of individually driven speakers.
- While traditional surround sound systems can only recreate the original 3D sound in a small "sweet spot", Barco NV WFS system claims that it can recreate the original audio in the whole room.
- Cosmosƒ vSaturn WFS version can now localise its meso events precisely on a planar surface or in a cylindric volume depending the Barco NV WFS system being used.
- All the event spatial movement mechanism of Cosmosƒ communicates with the WFS system, so that complex sound textures can be rendered starting as virtual sources in a wave field.
- The localisation of the virtual sources in WFS does not depend on or change with the listener position.
This version will be available on OS X and Windows platforms. Cosmosƒ vSaturn is 64-bit only VST/AU plugin and a minimum i7 processor / 4GB computer is recommended.
The Cosmosƒ vSaturn WFS edition requires a unique licence for single computer.
The price is €169/$230.