sonicLAB has updated its Cosmosf Saturn and Cosmosf FX stochastic processors.
- Saturn 5.1S and FX5.1 offers full spheric spatialization for the 3rd order ambisonic surround encoding mode. Implemented also a mode switch which can project the distributions between hemi spheric and spheric modes.
- Important improvements are made on the event generation engine. Now all the changes you apply will be affected immediately without waiting for the next cycle of event distribution.
- New pb rate mod switches are implemented for the stochastic event distribution. When activated, the meso or micro events playback rate value will be altered inverse proportionally according the event duration value. Hence, if the event is short the higher its playback rate will be.
- Now the MesoDur Scale and MicroDur Scale parameters can be set individually for each event. Very interesting polyrhythmic changes can be made instantly.
- The synth engine of Cosmosf Saturn 5.1 can now trim your sample start and end together with a two node slider. There are the optional playback modes one shot, forward playback loop, random loop, reverse loop.
- An index error with the Quantisation settings has been fixed.
- The waveform display was not refreshing occasionally, fixed.
- The preset loading sometimes was not correctly initializing the surround channel layouts, fixed.
Cosmosf Saturn 5.1/5.1S (the instrument plugin) and Cosmosf FX5.1 (the live audio processing plugin) comes in VST, AU and standalone formats both for OS X and Windows systems. They are 64-bit only and require a fast processor.
Cosmosf Saturn 5.1 costs 139 Euros, Cosmosf Saturn 5.1S (the surround sound with OSC version) costs 159 Euros and Cosmosf FX5.1 costs 89 Euros, available at the sonicLAB store.