Sonoris Audio Engineering releases Sonoris Meter v2.0 for Windows
Sonoris Audio Engineering has announced the release of a VST version of Sonoris Meter v2.0 for Windows.
With Sonoris Meter you can accurately measure peak and loudness levels of audio signals, at one scale. Besides a regular meter scale the Sonoris Meter supports the K-System, from Bob Katz, mastering engineer and founder of Digido mastering studio. The end product closely follows the K-system specifications, including Leq(A) loudness metering and band-limited pink noise monitor calibration.
The SMTR features an oversampling peak-meter mode. In this mode the SMTR catches intersample peaks that can cause ear fatiguing sound when audio is played on consumer CD players. Many CD players have inferior D/A converters with little headroom that will distort with samples above the clip level. These peaks occur when the audio is clipped (read squashed / limited) or otherwise digitally manipulated (e.g. VSTis). In oversampling mode the SMTR models the D/A conversion process and allows for maximizing the level but avoiding this distortion.
At the bottom of the interface a correlation meter can be found. This meter enables the user to monitor the phase relationship between the left and right channels.
- K-System metering, closely following the K-System specification, with three metering sets:
- K12 for broadcast productions.
- K14 for home theatre, pop, rock, folk, etc.
- K20 for wide dynamic music.
- Regular, non K-system scale also available.
- High resolution metering of peak and loudness levels, on the same scale.
- Intersample peak metering mode.
- Correlation meter.
- Peak-hold function with resettable indicators or 10 seconds hold.
- Loudness measurement methods: RMS/flat (AES-17) and Leq(A-weighted).
- Pink noise output (left, right or stereo) for monitor calibration of 0dBr / 83dB.
- Adjustable number of consecutive overs before clipping.
- Resettable clipping indicators.
- Resettable clipping incident counters.
- Mousewheel support.
- All samplerates supported.
- Low CPU load.
- Settings can be saved.
- 64 bit resolution.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $125, Sonoris Meter v2.0 is available now for Windows as a VST effect plug-in. A Mac OS X version will follow.