The piano sample set was made by sending bursts of controlled noise through unsuspecting piano samples used as convolution reverb impulses.
Plastic Ghost Piano is designed to be a warm, analogue sounding hybrid piano with real character and lots of sonic possibilities that range from warm, woody and expressive acoustic piano to "blissed out orchestral shoegaze haze".
- 549MB of 24-bit samples with up to 23 velocity levels per note.
- Advanced architecture with automatable control of everything.
- Sample start control.
- Ghost Engine with per voice algorithmic reverb.
- Noise Engine with per voice distortion and filtering.
- 69 specially created convolution reverb impulses recorded from real spaces, expensive hardware, and some less obvious sources including a Roland Space Echo, Lexicon reverb and the stage of Glyndebourne Opera House.
- 6 deeply multisampled sound articulations; Dark Ghost convolution, Pale Ghost convolution, Hohner Pianet, Convolved "plastic" piano, palm mute Stratocaster and Release Piano.
- Leslie effect, cabinet modelling and morphing EQ.
- Selectable and adjustable release group.
- Round robin sample swapping.
- MIDI timing jitter.
- 25 "starter" presets.
- Built-in instruction manual.
Price: £25.00. There is an introductory price of £20.00 until 18th October, 2014. The full version of Kontakt 4 or above is needed.