Sound Dust has announced the release of Ships Piano³, a hybrid piano based around a collection of three character pianos including Scott of Antarctica's favourite, the Ships Piano.
- School Grand - a binaurally recorded grand piano in an ancient stone walled Hogwartsy school hall/chapel.
- Ships Piano - 4 or 5 notes of velocity, recorded binaurally and re-tuned since the last version.
- Room Upright - binaurally recorded with 3 layers of velocity, the cunning bit is that she was reversed, fed through high end reverb and then reversed again.
- Individual controls for volume, sample start, pan, stereo width, attack curve, ADSR, vibrato and reverb send per piano.
- 346 24-bit samples = 360MB with Native Instruments propriety compression.
- 24 custom convolution reverbs per piano.
- Satie-anator - 12 user programmable, key triggered sequencers with 12 tracks per sequence.
- Scale and pitch quantisers with keyswitch control.
- Master FX page - master EQ, tape and valve modelling plus transient designer.
- Keyboard Velocity modelling page.
- 37 instrument snapshots.
- Handy build in instructions in RTFM page.
- Full version of Kontakt 5.5.1 or above is required.
Price: £30 for instant download. There is a 30% off intro offer until April 10th, 2016.