Sound Ex Machina has released Crowds, a SFX library of crowd reactions and emotional responses.
Crowds SFX library contains a wide range of reactions and emotional responses varying from quiet crowds to roared battle cries to a large selection of exclamations generated by a group of passionate theatrical actors in indoor venues.
Apart from the vocalizations, they've also included recordings of more unusual crowd ambiances like people walking around the mics, falling down, sitting down and getting up, jumping around, marching, or just being present in the space.
Crowds library is split into the following two parts:
- Small Groups: Includes small groups of up to 30 people which you can layer together and quickly create the sound of any sized realistic groups of people.
- Large Crowds: Brings pre-designed, easy-to-use sounds of medium to large crowds in various types of reactions, moods, and surroundings.
Types of reactions and emotional responses included:
- Battle shouts.
- Groans, moans, and efforts.
- Cries and mourning.
- Short background talks.
- Long background casual conversations (non-language specific).
- Rhythmic clapping and marching.
- Booing and yelling.
- Panic screams.
- Euphoric and disappointed reactions.
Non-specific Language Identity
The library avoids a specific language identity, making it more flexible and suitable for universal use.
Detailed Metadata Embedded
All files have comprehensive filenames and descriptive metadata produced using the Soundminer Asset Management tool, which can be read by various applications and services, making them very easy to find and edit.
- 400 royalty-free sounds in total.
- 24-bit/96 kHz in Stereo WAV format.
- Library size: 3.5 GB.
- Metadata in CSV to import the data into your favorite software.
- Duration: 90+ minutes.
- PDF, XLS files included.
- You can view the full tracklists by downloading the metadata in PDF format
- The sounds are royalty-free and licensed to you under this license agreement.