Sound Ex Machina has released Rain City, a HQ sound effects library featuring 84 recordings captured at various indoor and outdoor locations, in a quiet urban environment. Inside, you will find various types and intensities of rainfall, from soft, detailed dripping on roof tiles and heavy machinery in an idle construction site, to heavy rain in the city at night, to torrential downpour against car windows, Plexiglas rooftop panels, umbrellas and more.
- Design for flexibility - All recorded sounds containing as little man-made noise life as possible, providing maximum flexibility for building up unique and convincing acoustic environments:
- Sufficient time scale variation - The collection comes with 84 stereo files ranging from 0:53 seconds to 5:15 minutes in length, for a total of 230 minutes.
- Post production and curation applied - Rain City has been recorded using both stealth and control field recording techniques. To record under real-life conditions, Sound Ex Machina couldn't always capture sounds with the same ideal settings that the controlled environment allows. In all those cases, post-production and curation work has led to a fine outcome.
- 84 royalty-free files in total.
- 24-bit/96 kHz in Stereo WAV format.
- Library size is 8 GB.
- PDF, XLS files included.
- All files embedded with Soundminer metadata.
- Average Integrated Loudness: -30 LUFS.
- Duration: 230 minutes in total.