Sound Magic has announced the release of Blue Grand3D, a new piano VST instrument plug-in for Windows that Sound Magic says "achieves an entirely new level of realism and playability". It's available now for €99.
Physical modeling is at the heart of the Blue Grand3D sound, but both sampling and synthesis are incorporated to add to the realism. This combination creates a sound as authentic as monster sample libraries but at a smaller size (150MB) and a much smaller CPU demand, according to Sound Magic.
The Blue Grand3D starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world. Add complete 3D Audio Control to this Patented Hybrid Modeling Technology and the instrument becomes as versatile as it is realistic. Design your own piano from detailed physical parameters, such as hammer hardness and velocity, dynamic response, the interaction between different strings (sympathetic resonance), and even how much the soundboard reflects or absorbs sounds. Not a tweaker? Right out of the box, there are 8 pre-set modules to choose from.
Blue Grand3D also allows you to arrange multiple virtual microphones around your virtual instrument. You can change microphone levels and choose from three different placements, mixing them together to shape that perfect sound. And there are no generic microphones here. You can choose from the best of the best as you select the sound of acclaimed microphones such as the Neumann U87, M149, or the AKG C12VR.
Blue Grand3D also incorporates 3D Audio which outputs to 7.1 channels with 24 Bit/192KHz resolution. The separate 3D Effect unit can place the piano into a real 3D space by utilizing the latest multi-HRTF technologies.
Here are some Blue Grand3D features:
- Blue Grand3D gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time.
- Sound Magic's 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- Blue Grand3D is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling of repedalling, partial pedaling and soft pedal samples vividly present the pedal behaviors.
- The separate 3D Effect unit can place the piano into a real 3D space, adding realism to the whole sound.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
Group Buy for Supreme Pianos - August 18 through Sept 18 only
Sound Magic has also announced that, for a very limited time, it is offering Supreme Pianos as a Half-Off Group Buy - complete with a drawing for even more savings and prizes. Priced normally at €199 ($255), for each group of 50 buyers, this Group Buy will slash that price to €99 ($127) - better than half off.
In addition, for every 50 people that join the Group Buy, there will be a drawing. For one lucky winner, First Prize is a €235 ($300) Audio Interface - or Cash Back. Two Second Prizes will be awarded with the winners getting €78 ($100) Cash Back and seven Third Prize winners will get €39 ($50) Cash Back.