Soundemote has released PrettyScope, a VST plugin for Windows that "captures the beauty of analog oscilloscopes and offers a wide range of aesthetic options". While PrettyScope was fundamentally designed as a waveform studying tool, it has evolved into a powerful sound and music visualizer:
- Take total control over the look of the scope. One can make it look colorful or creepy for artistic endeavors, flat and monochrome for teaching purposes, or anything in-between.
- Hi-resolution 32-bit color waveform traces are great for videos.
- Fully automatable parameters.
- Low CPU usage (most of the work done on your graphics hardware via OpenGL).
- Heatmap mode, laser mode, paint mode, and a handful of other color blending options.
- Fully-customizeable colormaps.
Price: $20. Join the PrettyScope art contest to be in with a chance to win a free copy at: kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=238&t=483653
Silly usage demo: youtu.be/V57pTm5lP-k
Used as a music visualizer: youtu.be/q7mKwRjs2q4