Soundiron has released Cacophony, a collection of live concert hall performance sound effects, room tones, crowd reactions, orchestral tuning drones and incidental sound effects for the full version of Kontakt.
As we accelerate toward hyper-realism in the musical world with the help of technology, it's important to remember the living flaws and details that make the experience of listening to live music so immersive. What is often most missing is the ghost of the place, the murmur and roar of the audience, the players tuning up - all of those little sounds in between. In their absence, we often feel something missing, though we cannot always put our finger on what.
Soundiron has been recording orchestras, ensembles and solo performers regularly for nearly 2 decades, slowly building a deep and authentic collection of concert hall roomtones, all manner of audience applauses, murmurs and reactions, pit orchestra and ensemble tuning cacophonies, warm-ups, incidental sound effects, from great to small. These elements can be used for sound design in any style of music, video games, movies, VR, television and apps, or to simulate the environment of a live performance whenever you need it. The possibilities are endless.
- One master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format.
- Orchestra Tuning & Warmup, Audience Noises, Concert Hall SFX, Roomtones.
- 20 Ambience patches created from the source content.
- 24-bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM WAV samples.
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and WAV samples to allow user customization.
- 765 Stereo WAV files.
- 12.6 GB installed.
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments.
Intro Price: $13 USD (Reg. $19) at soundiron.com/products/cacophony