Soundiron has released Sick Volume 5, a new sound library designed to explore eerie melodic tuned plucked strings and mallets, unconventional winds and musical effects for the sci-fi, horror and mystery genres. It also includes a collection of evolving tonal ambient pads, atmospheric soundscapes, harmonic clouds and menacing drones.
Sick Volume 5 features 5 acoustic instrument sets, recorded in a chamber with both close and far mic positions:
- The "Astral Dirge Pipe" is similar to a multi-key tuned slide didgeridoo, with chromatic sustains, staccatos and effects.
- The "Channeling Tube" is a classic Thunder Tube, played both percussively and semi-chromatically by plucking the spring at differing lengths.
- The "Conjuring Bell" is a pair of chimes with sound holes to allow "wah-wah" effects as they ring.
- The "Spectral Moaner" is a droning wind instrument swung overhead to produce a harmonic series based on speed.
- The "Demon String" is an acoustic guitar with a Vo-96 guitar synthesizer that produces self-sustaining harmonic drones, with a full range of plucks, plus major, minor and octave chord types.
There are also 60 sci-fi and horror-inspired ambiences and evolving soundscapes. Every preset includes cutting edge control features, rack FX and selectable reverb impulses to allow a user plenty of creative control.
Sick 5 includes 8 master instrument bank presets with dozens of articulations, 1452 unlocked wav samples and 4 GB installed. This library requires the full version of Kontakt 5.1 or later and is not supported by the free Kontakt Player:
- 4 GB Installed.
- 1452 Samples.
- 8 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets.
- 24-bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio.
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples.
MP3 Demos: https://soundcloud.com/soundiron/sets/sick-5