Spitfire Audio have announced the release of Albion Colossus. The new sample library offers a diverse range of tools for scoring in the blockbuster film genre and includes two complete orchestras, chamber and symphonic, as well as heavy guitars, percussion and drum kits, and synths.
With new features like Scale, Depth, and Hype, the library provides increased dynamic and intensity control compared to previous Spitfire Audio offerings. Spitfire Audio says the production level of the library makes it easy to achieve the sound of Hollywood blockbusters, and the two orchestras, combined with the other instruments, can be blended to create a range of musical expressions.
The original Albion concept was simple — everything you need to create breathtaking scores for TV, film, games, and trailers, as well as giving you the edge when adding cinematic, hybrid orchestral elements to pop, electronic music, and beyond in one product.
Trusted by media composers around the world for over 10 years, Albion Virtual Instruments are centred around an orchestra of varying sizes, performing a huge range of classic and progressive techniques — with their own individual twist.
Whether you're looking for the classic, cinematic sound of Albion One, intense lows of Albion Uist, Albion Tundra's "edge of silence" textures, the delicate modernity of Albion Neo, the organic folk noir Albion Solstice or now the brand new action packed Albion Colossus — this range is designed for those who want an instant cinematic sound.
- Two Orchestras – Take control of a chamber orchestra (42 players) and a symphony orchestra (111 players) across strings, brass and woodwind, and percussion, and seamlessly blend between the two to create new dynamism and intensity.
- Percussion & Drums – Create impact with an ultra-modern and diverse selection of percussion from the Traditional orchestral tuned and untuned to Junkyard smashing and heavy-hitting drum kits.
- Doom Synths – Masterminded synths that move from clean to dirty, from light to dark – discover subversive Drones, powerful shorts, doom-like basses and much more, created in collaboration with Snakes of Russia.
- Heavy Guitars – Crafted brooding guitar tones, re-amped in a concert hall – perfect for backing up the orchestra whilst also holding their own in the heavier scoring moments.
- Brand new features:
- Scale Control – Expand the size of your band, from chamber to symphony. Recorded in the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, the Chamber was captured in the New Auditorium, the Symphony was captured in the Main Concert Hall – both captured using the same gear and players.
- Depth Control – Mixes which move from super close signal, perfect for manipulation, to two more tree-based mixes, to a super wide and ambient mix.
- Hype – Enhance each preset differently, adding a selection of professional production knowledge to your sounds, from tape saturation, depth to distortion widening - push from loud to louder.
- 147 Combined Techniques, including 293 techniques split over Scale mode.
- 265,670 WAV files.
- 105.33GB Compressed (251.51 Non-compressed).
Albion Colossus is available from Spitfire Audio with a special introductory offer of £299 / $349 / 349€ (Regular £399 / $449 / 449€).