Spitfire Audio has released Albion V Tundra — the fifth entry in its range of compositional tools that provide everything needed to make modern film music out of the box.
Albion V Tundra draws inspiration from the minimalist work of Arvo Pärt and the burgeoning Nordic community, recording a 100-piece orchestra playing never-before-sampled instructions at the very edge of silence to capture the Scandinavian zeitgeist.
- 100 Piece orchestra recorded to tape at Air Studios, London.
- 133 Multi dynamic orchestral articulations split across Strings, Brass and Woodwind ensembles.
- 38 Violins with 32 articulations including 19 longs, 11 shorts and 2 legatos.
- 12 Celli and 6 Basses with 30 articulations including 17 longs, 11 shorts and 2 legatos.
- Brass ensembles with 17 unique articulations for both Mid and Low ensembles.
- Woodwind ensembles with 18 unique articulations for both High and Mid Ensembles.
- Legatos designed by Andrew Blaney.
- All have multimic control with Close, Tree, Outrigger and Ambients.
- Recorded by priceless valve and ribbon mics at the edge of silence.
- Neve Monserrat preamps into a Neve 88R desk.
- Recorded digitally at 96k via 2" Studer tape.
The "Vral" Grid:
- 32 Hand crafted drones in our "Vral" Grid.
- Slowly evolving drones with varying loop points.
- All housed within our 'Evo Grid' engine for almost limitless randomisation.
Stephenson's Steam Band:
- 138 Stephensons Pads housed in our eDNA interface.
- Organic sounds created from the orchestral material.
- 198 Original sounds to create more content from.
- 22 Unique instruments with 52 presets.
- All played in triplets, 12ths, 8th and 16ths.
- Tempo-sync'd to your DAW.
- Played by the infamous Paul Clarvis.
- 20 Percussive elements.
- Single patch for easy playability.
Albion V Tundra can be purchased and digitally downloaded (as 56.8 GB of uncompressed .WAV files, featuring 27,860 samples) from Spitfire Audio for a time-limited introductory promo price of £249 / $299 / €319 until 08:00 BST on November 1, 2016 — rising thereafter to £329 / $449 / €419. Albion V Tundra is also available as part of The Albions bundle — offering a saving of 40% on the full cost of all five libraries.
Watch the Albion V Tundra promotional video 'starring' Spitfire Audio co-founder Christian Henson here: youtu.be/5oCxV6EoPJ4
Watch Spitfire Audio co-founder Paul Thomson's Albion V Tundra quick overview video here: youtu.be/4yx2UJYtF-E