Steinberg has announced the immediate availability of the update versions 6.1.10 for HALion and 3.1.10 for HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE. The updates provide several fixes and improvements and solve issues in different areas of the applications.
- Macro Page Editor:
- It is now possible to protect macro pages that are assigned to a program without the necessity to edit-protect the program. Edit-protecting a program is not recommended when exporting it as a HALion Sonic SE layer, because this prevents the user from accessing the FlexPhrasers of a layer or the effects of the layer bus.
- Protect macro pages: Activate this option to edit-protect the macro pages that are used in the library. Users who load a preset from a protected macro page cannot see or edit its structure in the Macro Page Designer. Furthermore, protected macro pages cannot be deleted or replaced. Libraries with protected macro pages require at least HALion 6.1.10 or HALion Sonic (SE) 3.1.10.
Changes / Fixes:
- Macro Page Editor:
- The envelope view now has an additional property "Free End", which can be activated if the last node should be freely movable instead of being fixed to 0.
- An issue with the connection of parameters in the context menu "Connect to Macro Page" is resolved.
- An issue with older Intel HD graphics chips is resolved. It requires an additional registry patch which can be found here.
- Improved performance of Pitch Bend Range when it was set by RPN message.
- Improved performance on Mac when using Velocity curve module in Custom Curve mode.
- Program Tree:
- An issue where the dropping of a layer on a focussed layer in the program tree replaced it instead of merging both layers is resolved.
- An issue with empty names when dropping programs and layers into the program tree is resolved.
- We added context menu entries.
- An issue with missing note off events is resolved.
- Mono Step Modulator:
- Improved performance.
- An issue with scripting of starting Cubase on bar 1.
- An issue with note values during saving is resolved.
- Wavetable Editor:
- Improved performance of the memorizing from import path.