Synapse Audio Software has announced the release of version 7.5 of its music creation and production environment Orion.
In version 7.5, a new audio engine is introduced which runs up to twice as fast on processors with multiple cores. Particular emphasis has additionally been given to improved workflow and interface design. Furthermore, it is compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista.
Key changes in version 7.5 include:
- New audio engine with support for multicore processors.
- Improved Workflow.
- Updated VST implementation to version 2.4.
- New limiter effect, modelled after the famous 1176LN.
- Auto-tracking EQs for easier mixing.
- Extended arpeggiator with new options.
- Creating presets for container multi-effects is now possible.
- Direct Export to MP3 and OGG formats, additionally to WAV.
- Improved compatibility with Windows Vista.
- A detailed list of all changes is available here.
The update is free for all Orion Platinum 7 users. A free demo version of Orion 7.5 is available.
Orion Pro Discontinued
With the release of Orion 7.5 Orion PRO has been discontinued and will not be updated further. However the upgrade to Orion 7.5 will be available to all Orion PRO customers for a limited period of time and now costs $49 instead of the former price of $99.
Orion Reloaded Launched
In related news, Orion-Reloaded is now online, the new community portal for Orion users, formerly known as Orion-Center. The site allows sharing songs, presets, skins, wavetables, samples as well as tips+tricks between users. More than 1000 files have been submitted already to the various categories.