Syntheway has announced the release of Chromacycle, an 8-stage stereo phaser effect for macOS and Windows in VST2, VST3 and AU plug-in formats.
Chromacycle filters a signal by creating a series of peaks and troughs in the frequency spectrum, that they vary over time, creating a sweeping or whooshing effect.
- Speed: Controls the rate of the phase modulation. Higher values produces a stronger swooshes, highly emphasized phasing sound.
- Depth: Sets the intensity of the phase modulation with a subtle stereo panorama.
- Phase Shift Modulation: Shifts the phase modulation.
- Center Frequency: Sets the center frequency for the all-pass filters.
- Stages: Rotary switch with number of phasing stages. More stages result in more notches, which increases the effect.
- 2 Stage setting is really subtle, more ideal for faint melody and rhythm playing.
- 4 Stage is basically more defined sweeps.
- 6 Stage cuts and sweeps are more intense, though can still be mellowed out by the speed knob.
- 8 Stage is a effect with deep sweeps, even more noticeable by blending a speed value.
- Dry/Wet: sets the balance between the unprocessed (dry) signal and the processed (wet) signal that will be blended.
- Preset Manager: Browser to load and save presets and banks.
- MIDI automation: Implementation of MIDI Continuous Controller parameters for use with external hardware control via DAW.
- 20 Presets.