TerraTec Producer has announced that the AXON AX 50 USB is now shipping. An evolutionary advance in guitar-to-MIDI-controllers, the device is based on the popular model AXON AX 100 MK II and can be seen as "the little brother". AXON AX 50 USB means easy operation and new connection options – ideal for all guitarists, bassists and violinists who want to integrate MIDI equipment into their computer-based studios and experience the endless sound and composition possibilities. Musikmesse visitors can experience this device's precision performance together with the AREA 61 controller keyboard for themselves in hall 5.1, booth B37, where the band "Ranzig" will play live on stage up to six times every day.
The AXON AX 50 USB offers additional options, such as a USB port with four additional virtual MIDI ports, which makes it ideal for state-of-the-art, computer-based studios. With its 32-bit RISC processor, the guitar-to-MIDI controller immediately translates the vibrations from each string that you strike or strum and sends information about the pitch, dynamics and tone duration to the connected MIDI sound generator. The MIDI sound generator brings music to life using any sound a player chooses. Simply plug in and play to transform a guitar, bass or violin into a synthesizer, an electric piano or a saxophone. Anything is possible - even the simultaneous playing of several instruments.
The AXON AX 50 USB allows to control an external instrument and up to four other software sound machines on the computer: a MIDI-OUT connector and four additional virtual MIDI ports via USB make all of this possible. TerraTec Producer also provides 128 sounds based on Kontakt Player by Native Instruments for plug and play operation, and of course all the sounds are multi-timbral. AXON AX 50 USB lets players divide fingerboards and strings into up to 12 play zones, making it easy to control an entire orchestra. The editor included in the package allows making changes right on the computer.
Priced at €399.00 (MSRP) TerraTec Producer's AXON AX 50 USB incl. WAVE XTABLE VI virtual sound module is available now.
AXON - AX 50 USB Key features & specific characteristics
- Extremely fast guitar-to-MIDI controller.
- Patented early transient recognition system (ETR).
- Software editor for PC and MAC.
- USB full speed connection for MIDI.
- Hardware MIDI IN/OUT/THRU.
- Four virtual MIDI ports via USB.
- Compatible with electric and acoustic guitars and electric basses.
- Support for fret-, string and pick-splitting (up to 12 play area zones).
- 128 programmable presets.
- Bright 7-segment display (three characters).
- Built-in tuner.
- Instrument output for magnetic pickup signal.
WAVE XTABLE VI Key features & specific characteristics
- Software sample library player.
- 128 sounds & 9 drum kits.
- GM compatible.
- Integrated effects.
- 64 times multi-timbral.
- Unlimited voices.
- AU, VST, DXi, RTAS and stand-alone support.
- Easy library handling.
- Powerful KONTAKT 2 engine.
- Windows and Mac OS X support (Universal).