Thirdmanonthemoon has released The Drummer From Another Mother, described as "a quirky and weird machine with a huge sound".
Here's what they say:
As far as Drum machines go its a little unusual. At first glance the seemingly simple interface hides that it is in fact a pretty deep machine. Especially with its Semi Modular design.
Starting out with the big Sound from the instrument itself we further enhanced the signal with state of the art Solid State and tube processors (no digital processing whatsoever as with all our samples).
The recording chain starts with a passive Zcon-11 DI with its CA-11 Transformer which is based on the ever sought after UTC A-11 Transformer into the famous Neve 1073 (Aml) Preamp and EQ and ends at the Incredible Apogee symphony MKII Converter.
Other gear used in between in various combinations:
- Manley Variable-Mu.
- Capi LC25, BT50 & VP28.
- Pultec/EQP5 (Modded).
- Rupert Neve 542.
- SSl Bus Compressor (Serpent).
- Thermionic Culture Vulture.
Thirdmanonthemoon recorded a wide range of drum hit variations plus they Multi-Sampled perfectly tuned chromatic kicks, snares, toms and percussion and created Kits and Instruments for Ableton live, Logic EXS, Kontakt, Maschine and Battery:
- Ableton Live:
- 20 Drum Racks with Macros mapped for essential Parameter such as Filter Cutoff & Envelope, Decay, Drive, Compression, Equalizer, Pitch and Volume.
- Master Drum Rack including all Samples, Individual Drum Hits and Tunings selectable via Macros.
- Kontakt & Logic:
- 20 Drum kits.
- 30 Individual Hits Instruments.
- Maschine & Battery:
- 20 Drum kits.