TAL-Sampler costs $60 but is available for the introductory price of $45 until 1st August, 2015. TAL-Reverb-4 is free. Both are available for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats.
TAL-Sampler is not just a sample player. It's a full featured analog modeled synthesizer with a sampler engine as sound source, including a powerful modulation matrix and a high quality self-oscillating 24/12/6 dB low pass filter.
Don't expect a 40GB piano sample library with samples for every velocity or something similar. The idea is to bring back the fun sampling was in the good old times with small samples, fast loading times and an intuitive work-flow to create your own sample presets without getting lost in the settings.
It's possible to choose between different digital analog converters (DAC's) to get the vintage sound of different hardware samplers inside your DAW. TAL don't make cheap bit crushing or decimation on the output signal. They really down-sample the sample to the desired sampling frequency, then process the data depending on the chosen DAC and up-sample it to the desired pitch. Most DAC modes offer a LEVEL slider. This feature allows the user to reduce the volume of the recorded sample and decreases the sample quality. Load your favorite high quality sample and make it sound vintage and noisy.
The plug-in has four layers an can play four samples simultaneous. There is also a simple SFZ import for samples that imports the mapping and sample paths, but the plug-in also contains an easy to use mapping editor.
TAL-Sampler can load and play your own samples in every common sample format (*.wav, *.aiff, *.aif, *.mp3, *.ogg, *.flac). Import samples with drag & drop from finder or explorer. There is also an intuitive sample browser that helps to find samples fast.
Some nice additions include a vintage real-time time stretcher and the possibility to modulate or automate the sample loop positions.
- Vintage DAC modes (Emu II, AM6070, Sample Hold).
- Steep 96dB low-pass reconstruction filter (Emu II and AM6070 F).
- Variable sample rate.
- Powerful MOD-Matrix.
- Four sample layers.
- Three AHDSR envelopes with vintage Digital / RC mode.
- Three LFOs (Triangle, Saw, Rectangle, Random, Noise).
- High Quality effects (Reverb, EQ, Delay).
- Self resonating zero feedback delay filter (24/12/6 dB LP).
- Wide range of audio formats supported (*.wav, *.aiff, *.aif, *.mp3, *.ogg, *.flac).
- Scalable high resolution user interface.
- The possibility to change font and background colour.
- Fast sample and preset loading.
- More than 100 presets available as download (on the right).
TAL-Reverb-4 is a standalone plugin version of the high quality reverb implemented in TAL-Sampler.
- Modulated vintage reverb sound.
- Very diffuse sound.
- Fast build up time, also with long reverb sounds.
- Works on almost every audio material.
- Easy to use.
- Only stereo channels supported.