It includes a big GUI, many new features, higher sound-quality, many enhancements and some fixes.
RayBlaster 2.6 is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound-quality.
- A big interface is available beside of the normal scale now.
- It is possible to select from 4 GUI sizes in 'Setup'.
- The texts shown in the patch-browser on Mac support Hi-DPI drawing.
- The plugin detects the best GUI-size automatically.
- Added Digital-Signatures for the installers on PC.
- Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac.
- Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since new hosts may require it to be able to run plugins.
- Compatibility with MacOS Catalina.
- Completely new AudioUnit interface.
- More harmonic overall sound.
- Enhanced sound of 'Chorus' and 'Ensemble'. They sound smoother and less detuned.
- Enhanced sound of 'Delay', 'Delay Band', 'PingPong', 'Multitap', 'Delay Diffuse' and 'Delay Dual'. The echo sounds less detuned.
- Higher precision audio-rendering.
- Workaround for a well-known bug in Apple's AU-manager: It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac to detect the plugin.
- Some texts on newer OS X-versions were looking ugly.
- More contrast for the user-interface.
- Removed the ugly reflections of the borders from the GUI.
- PC-version is loading faster.
- Better compatibility with Windows 10.
- Activation-dialogue in also available in German.
New features and enhancements (standalone-version for PC):
- Added a recorder that can export your jam-session to a WAV-file.
- The BPM-rate can be changed.
- Added a soft-clipping-algorithm with low harmonic distortion.
- The current patch can be saved on exit and is reloaded automatically on start.
- MME-driver support.
- Midi-through support with output-routing.
- Added MIDI-velocity-curves with multipoint-splines.
- Optional MIDI-transposition with up to +-48 semitones.
- Optional MIDI-channel-filtering.
- The current BPM-rate, CPU-load and volume is shown on the top-panel.
- Tooltips are shown on the top-panel.
- Lower latency for the sound-card drivers.
- More responsive GUI with 120 Hz refresh-rate for smooth knob movements.
- The check-mark for the patch selector was missing in some hosts after closing and opening the GUI.
- Fixed some GUI glitches in the browser which could appear if very long names are used.
- Fixed the Y-coordinates of the texts on Mac.
- Fixed a rarely appearing crash on the Mac that could happen when the plugin was deleted while a tooltip was shown.
- Fixed a rarely appearing problem when envelope-parameters were not updated correctly.
- Fixed an unlikely crash on the Mac which happened if the plugin was closed immediately after opening the browser.
- Fixed a bug in the fast-sine-approximation on PC.
- Fixed a bug with list-selectors on Mac 64-bit.
- Updated some deprecated links.
- 32-bit on Mac is not longer supported. If you still use it, install RayBlaster 2.5 instead.
- MacOS 10.7 is the minimum requirement now. If you use 10.6 or 10.5, install RayBlaster 2.5 instead.
For more info about RayBlaster visit: tone2.com/rayblaster2
Download-link (update and free demo-version): tone2.com/download