Tone2 has updated the free minimalist host application NanoHost to v1.2.2. It is suitable for live-performance, testing, jam-sessions and sound-design. Furthermore, it can act as a wrapper which converts VST-synthesizers into standalone applications.
New in v1.2.2:
- You can display a keyboard with Config->'Show keyboard'.
- With Config->'Zoom interface' you can zoom the interface of all(.) VST plugins to the largest possible size - even those who do not come with a re-sizeable GUI.
- The executables are code-signed with a Microsoft-approved certificate.
- MSVC100.dll is not longer necessary to run the software.
- Many small enhancements.
- It is free, requires no registration and you are allowed to share it with your friends.
- It requires no installation. You can run it directly from a USB-stick or CD.
- There is no plugin-scanning required since a plugin can be loaded directly - no matter where it is located on the hard-disc.
- Because of low-level code-optimization it offers highest performance and can operate with lower latency than conventional hosts.
- The GUI refreshes with a very high frame-rate (120 Hz). That's why you will experience smoother animations and graphics than with other hosts.
- NanoHost itself requires nearly no space on the screen. As a result there is more space available for the interface of the VST-plugins.
- The software is tiny. It requires no hard-disc space and is loading extremely fast.
- Unlike conventional hosts the soundcard settings can be configured individually for every single plugin. This allows you to achieve the best possible performance for your VSTs.
- NanoHost is very easy to use and offers context-sensitive help.