Tonehammer has announced the release of its latest Kontakt-based instrument: Waterphone.
Waterphone (4.2GB / 2,903 samples) was recorded with a variety of bows, a huge set of mallets, metal devices, hands and other contraptions. The library also contains a variety of more experimental patches, including boiled water at four different temperature levels, hydrophone recordings (underwater microphones in the waterphone), magnets on waterphone tines and filling waterphone with metal nails and other goodies. The sample library covers all thinkable and unthinkable type of articulations. All playable mallet programs contains Tonehammer's standard 10 velocity layer - 10 round robin for maximum playability. In addition Waterphone contains a bonus set of waterphone ambiences (Kontakt 3 only) made by Steven Tavaglione (Instrumentalist and Sound Designer; Wall-E, American Beauty, CSI, Supernatural and 100s other movies/shows/games).
Features / specification:
- 4.2GB / 2.903 Samples.
- Bowing (no water) Slow, Medium, Fast FX.
- Bowing sweep (water) Slow, Medium, Fast FX.
- Bowing 2-note legato.
- Bowing Sustain (with and without water).
- Bowing Staccato.
- Bowing FX grinding w/ tine buzz (with and without water).
- Bowing FX w/ magnets.
- Bowing FX w/ hydrophone (underwater mic).
- Bowing FX w/vocals.
- Bowing FX boiling at four different temperature levels.
- Mallet Rubber (6-7 velocity layers - 6 round robin) at +16 tines.
- Mallet Metal (6-7 velocity layers - 6 round robin) at +8 tines.
- Hand Played "Metal Tabla" (10 velocity layers - 10 round robin) bottom and top.
- Wooden Mallet (6-7 velocity layers - 6 round robin) at +20 tines.
- Hydro Mallets (6 round robin) at +20 tines.
- Rubber, Metal and Wooden Mallet Sweeps (Slow, Medium, Fast).
- Waterphone Ambiences (Kontakt 3 only) by Steven Tavaglione.
- Hydro-Vocal drones, phrases and more...
- Recorded with custom Neumann in studio (excluding wild FX).
- Extensive read me install, patch and hint documentation (.pdf).
- Listen exclusive Waterphone interview w/ Mike Peaslee & Troels Folmann.
- 57 instrument patches, 2.903 samples, 4.3 GB installed, 1.25 GB .rar download.
- 22 Ambient Patches by Steven Tavaglione (Ambient music on Wall-E, American Beauty etc).
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz/16Bit stereo .wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 2 and .wav (note: Kontakt 3 requirement for bonus content).
Pricing & Availability
Waterphone has an MSRP of $99. Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2.4+ required.