Toontrack has updated Superior Drummer to v3.1.1.
- Optimizations for graphics rendering.
- Certain GM defined CC numbers are now in a separate submenu when you right-click a control to bind it to a CC.
- Automatic MIDI assignment has been updated with data from new sound libraries so that it works better.
- The first browser column is now a bit wider since some library names got truncated.
- Zones where it is forbidden to add future hit notes are now shown when the Add Tool is active and the mouse is over future hit rows.
- Ctrl/cmd-deselecting notes with lasso now updates the graphics while dragging.
- Changed header in Select menu from "Selection" to "Select on Active Rows".
- Added "MIDI Editing – Preview Sounds" option to the grid editor, so you can turn off preview sounds while editing.
- Zooming while having Auto in Resolution menu will apply any changes done by Quantize/Swing/Randomize or Nudge controls.
- Metronome output list shows the output channel names instead of numbers.
- Added undo for enable/disable macro control row.
- Added undo for rename and hide/show mixer channels.
- Right click on hidden channel now has "Show Channel" option.
- New location for the "Drag MIDI to song track" sign in the Tracker export view.
- Clicking "Authorize Offline" when authorizing SD3 caused a crash.
- It could crash at startup if the default project used a library which was located on a disconnected harddrive.
- Keyboard shortcuts other than space and escape are now blocked when a modal dialog is open.
- Fixed some graphical issues for sub-100% scales.
- Detaching the grid editor from the View menu no longer opens Edit Play Style.
- Selecting "Reattach All" when Edit Play Style is open no longer brings up the stack view and box view.
- Pressing escape key now tries to close the dialog in focus first. Only closes one dialog at a time as well.
- Selecting "Load Default Project" no longer keeps the old project name.
- The macro control area is now brought back when Tap2Find is closed, if it was previously visible.
- Improved MIDI mapping from Superior Drummer 2 presets.
- Removing all SD3 instances in a DAW and then adding a new instance could make SD3 use the wrong fonts.
- Fixed missing/wrong tooltip on the time signature buttons.
- Pitch FX undo was not always saved.
- No sounds were loaded when undoing disable bleed or lowering the layer limits.
- The envelope release indicator is no longer drawn if release is off.
- Removing a stack could cause a crash in some situations.
- Clicking on stack hits or having a stack selected and playing the whole drum did not show visual hit in the velocity editor.
- Substituted drum hits did not show visual hits in the stack view.
- Made the articulations list a bit wider to fit the future hit percussion names.
- Clicking multiple times on an articulation name in the mapping box could stop preview for that articulation.
Search for Instrument:
- Previewing instruments with no MIDI mapping caused a crash.
- Added 'S2 User Presets' submenu (when needed) in the e-drum presets menu in the browser, so that such presets no longer appear in the Legacy submenu.
- Hi-hat open/closed buttons had wrong positions if the Song Creator was open.
Edit Play Style:
- Copying from and to a future hit instrument did not work well.
- A crash could occur if instruments had been added and removed.
- Unmapped notes were not shown as separate rows anymore.
- Improved the algorithm for determining if a row should be visible or not if hiding "unused" articulations/instruments.
- Turning on/off articulations now updates grid editor in case rows should be added/removed.
- Aftertouch events inserted at the very end of a MIDI block got removed.
- The default velocity for new future hit notes was wrong.
- Wrong articulation could be played when clicking on future hit percussion rows.
- Visual hits for future hit percussion in grid editor were off.
- The grid editor would not get any visual hits if in external window and Edit Play Style was closed.
- Clicking an instrument row that had no MIDI mapping caused a crash.
- Unmapped instruments were not properly greyed out.
- Selection is now restored when undoing drawing velocities in the grid editor.
- Crash fix for showing triplets in 1/32 time signature.
- The aftertouch state is now reset when the song track is stopped.
- Aftertouch and CC states are now set correctly when song track playback is resumed.
- Snapping on song track and timebar did not work very well on other scales than 100%.
- Inserting a time signature change could move the signature changes placed after the insert.
- The browser path written in MIDI files was missing the first folder.
- If multiple kitpiece transforms existed and the MIDI in a block had to be reanalyzed (when editing MIDI in the grid editor, for example), all transforms were not cleared, which lead to strange results when undo/redoing.
- When exporting MIDI, the length of the exported file did not match the length of the audio track.
- Keyboard shortcut fixes in tempo map and time signature editors.
- Grid and timebars didn't always update correctly after undo.
- Nudge in Milliseconds mode moved by centiseconds instead.
- Removing a loaded track and then clicking on the empty last track could cause a crash.
- "Select All Events" did not select manually added transients.
- Fixed issue where SD3 could freeze when adding/removing sends.
- Removing all effects with the mixer menu or channel preset menu did not save undo for all the macros that belonged to the effects.
- Channel height is now updated when undoing adding/removing sends.
- Undoing adding a send now hides the shown bus channel if it was hidden before.
- Bleed can now be turned off in send window without the bad routing popup showing up.
- Hiding channels with animation now saves an undo event.
- Send pre/post look is now updated when undoing.
- Hi-hat openness was drawn as active although it was not when it was dragged to the top or the bottom.
- Preset name typo fix: Simmonds -> Simmons.
- The last mixer output was not possible to choose for metronome output.
- The window no longer stays in maximized mode after selecting a new size from the View menu.
- Standalone maximized mode is saved between sessions.