Toontrack has announced the release of the Alt-Rock EZX, a drum library expansion for EZdrummer 2 recorded by world-renowned engineer Steve Albini at his own Electrical Audio Studios in Chicago, IL. This marks the thirty-second title in the ever-growing collection of EZX expansions for EZdrummer 2.
Here's what they say: "Steve Albini's imprint on the sound of rock is undeniable. Having worked on seminal albums by the Pixies, PJ Harvey and, perhaps most notably, Nirvana's milestone record "In Utero," his sonic DNA is in the fabric of productions that have helped create a new branch in rock history. This collection of drums captures the incomparable sonic fingerprint of not only Steve Albini but also the ambience of his very own studio, which he personally built and designed. Welcome to Electrical Audio in Chicago, IL, and a truly unique collection of drums."
The Alt-Rock EZX presents a crude, genuine and raw palette of drum sounds with a range perfect for the soft-loud-soft approach that is synonymous with the distinct dynamics of the classic alt-rock sound. Capturing Steve's unique method of mic placement, attention to detail and drum tuning scrutiny, this EZX gives you two full kits and cymbal setups as well as several additional instruments and percussion pieces.
- Recorded by Steve Albini at Electrical Audio.
- Two full kits and cymbal setups (Ludwig Club Date & DW Collector's Series).
- Five additional snares, two (2) kicks and five (5) cymbals.
- Five percussion instruments, including 26" and 29" Ludwig timpani drums.
- Comes with a selection of MIDI drum grooves inspired by alt-rock music.