Toontrack has released Gospel EZX, an expansion library for EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3 recorded by Grammy Award-winning engineer / producer / mixer Danny Duncan and acclaimed drummer Calvin Rodgers.
Here's what they are saying:
The Gospel EZX celebrates the power of rhythm and the legacy of a genre whose DNA over the course of history has seeped through to almost any facet of music imaginable. With branches arching into anything from R&B and soul to rock, hip-hop and fusion, gospel is the literal definition of width. With its four fundamentally different sets of tonal characteristics, this EZX covers the entire scope and paints an impressive sonic image – from the open-sounding tones of the early 1940s and the dry, muffled and tight ones of the 1960s to the punchy, distinct and crystal clear sound of today.
Add to that the ear and craftsmanship of Danny Duncan – seven-time Grammy Award-winning engineer/producer with a longstanding gospel merit – the breathtaking aura of the Paragon Studios A-room, the magic stroke of drummer Calvin Rodgers as well as custom presets, MIDI, percussion, handclaps, snaps and foot stomps and you have the ultimate gospel battery.
- Drum tones inspired by gospel music from the 1940s through to today.
- Engineered and produced by seven-time Grammy Award-winner Danny Duncan.
- Sampled by noted gospel drummer Calvin Rodgers.
- Recorded at Paragon Studios in Nashville, TN.
- Three complete drum sets, one dampened kit configuration and a wide range of cymbals.
- Handclaps, foot stomps, snaps, shakers and tambourines.
- Includes custom presets engineered by Danny Duncan.
- Comes with MIDI performed by Calvin Rodgers.