Toontrack has updated EZbass to v1.0.5.
- Added support for authorizing and using EBXs (EZbass sound expansions).
- The CCs for modulation, damping and sustain can no longer be used for MIDI Learn.
- Tooltips for GUI elements, e.g. buttons, will no longer appear after you have clicked on the element (until you move the mouse away from it and back).
- When exporting to audio, (2) /(3) /etc. is automatically appended to the file names if the files already exist.
- In Tap2Find, a new button lets you search while keeping the active filters. The main search button clears the filters.
- Buttons and knobs in Tap2Find have been rearranged a bit.
- "Smart Snap" has been changed into two separate options: "Magnet Snap" and "Snap to Notes.".
- Added a header to the absolute/relative section of the "Snap to Grid" submenu of Options.
- Added a "Timing" header to the Note menu.
- The note pitch curve is now drawn in white instead of green.
- Added support for dragging audio from Cubase.
- Added snap to grid/transient settings.
- Slide note selection area has been adjusted so you need to click on the actual notes to select a slide.
- Moving notes with keyboard shortcuts now triggers preview.
- Added selection rectangle in the regions view (Amount of Notes) for selection of notes.
- Pressing backspace/delete can no longer remove a region. A remove region button was added instead.
- Shift-click in Amount of Notes, Articulations and the grid view now selects all notes in between the clicked one and the latest selected.
- Added grid lines to the velocity and amount views.
- The audio input signal in standalone can now be seen on the audio LED in the tracker (when recording or preparing to record).
- Audio waveform drawing is faster now.
- Selecting with rectangle in Articulations and Amount views is faster/smoother now.
- The attack sounds are now also included in the palm mute.
- The attack sounds now also follow the selected tuning.
- After loading a preset, the cent tuning was reset, although the GUI value was correct.
- The main tabs were put on top of the MIDI Learn text and shadow.
- If the GUI is closed while a modal dialog is shown, the faded background no longer covers the interface when the GUI is opened again.
- When a moved EZbass sound library folder is located by the user at startup, the current project (the loaded project or default project) is now applied to the found sound libraries.
- Improved parsing of multi-track MIDI files.
- Fixed some crashes on the song track when opening menus in certain scenarios.
- Follow Host should no longer incorrectly get turned off with the claim that the same MIDI is coming from the DAW as is present on the Song Track – if such MIDI has been deleted from the DAW.
- When exporting to audio, the cancel button did not work as intended when sounds were being loaded.
- Dragging from the song track outside the plug-in window and back made a copy instead of just moving the dragged item(s).
- Some minor adjustments/fixes to the GUI on the song track and the minimized song view.
- On Mac, ctrl-click now works to open the song track context menu.
- If a MIDI loop was added from the Audio Tracker, the notes would sometimes not be visible until the user did something to make the loops be redrawn, e.g. zoom.
- Auto-transitions won't be applied if there is no following chord to transition to.
- Adding a MIDI block with damping after one without would sometimes add damping to the preceding block as well.
- Changing bass note on a chord could make the bass note end up in the wrong octave.
- Correcting a chord to a different bass note could end up moving notes instead of just correcting.
- The "–" does not show up on a chord if the current notes fit into the current chord (like D notes on a D chord in C major).
- Importing a MIDI file to the song track now also creates chords and a song part.
- The song track tempo text editor will no longer show the tracker tempo if the tracker is the player in focus.
- The "Drag groove here" text could become visible when undoing stuff on the song track.
- The menu item "Add Chords to Chord Track" is now disabled if no chords can be added to the chord panel.
- Changing groove in Replace MIDI mode could cause a clicking sound.
- When copying or inserting a new MIDI block on the track, the copied block could get the wrong damping values if no damping values existed on the track.
- Time signatures, key signature and tempos were not copied when duplicating a song track.
- Transitions were removed when a loop was moved or copy/pasted on the track.
- Chords in recorded MIDI were always analyzed in the key of C.
- Notes on the red record block were not always visible when jumping back in the timeline while recording.
Edit Play Style:
- Changing Amount no longer causes a crash when a chord begins just before the end of a bar.
- Adjusting Amount could lead to all CCs being duplicated on the selected MIDI blocks.
Drums & Keys Tab:
- Replace MIDI mode now shows the selected card in orange.
- The "Replace MIDI" and "Export to Current Song Track" menu entries are now disabled in Replace MIDI mode.
- The "Recent MIDI Files from Project" list in the "Select MIDI File" menu was saved in projects but not loaded correctly if the paths contained special characters.
- Running a sync on the User MIDI folder could cause a crash.
- The result view is now always scrolled to the top when new filters are selected.
- After a search is complete, set keyboard focus on the result view so user can use keyboard arrows to navigate the results again.
- Clicking/dragging/etc. in the result view while a search was in progress could cause a crash.
- The "Search with Current Filters" button in Tap2Find was not enabled in "Record Melody" mode.
- Inserting a CC value when no MIDI is available on the song track caused a crash.
- Right-click-drag in the Pitch editor no longer causes a crash.
- Editing one CC curve would remove all other CC curves.
- The vertical insert lines when using pen tool didn't sync between grid and CC editor (with snap on).
- Inserting CC nodes didn't always insert them where the vertical line suggested (with snap on).
- The vertical line that follows the mouse when the Split Tool is selected didn't always show correctly where the split would happen if you'd click on a note (with snap on).
- Extending a MIDI block in the grid is only done as far as necessary, not a bar extra.
- On Mac, cmd-alt-click to split a note did not always work correctly.
- Legato was sometimes incorrectly applied when polyphonic selections were copied.
- Loading a project by double-clicking a project file and then browsing for missing libraries did not load the requested library in the project.
- Fix for user-added notes sometimes disappearing.
- A tempo map is now included when dragging MIDI from the tracker.
- The tempo text is now updated continuously.
- Regions are no longer removed when recording over a previous recording.
- Various graphics fixes to zooming, grid lines and numbers.
- Various fixes to things not being updated when undoing.
- The waveforms are now drawn on top of the supporting grid lines.
- The tracker playhead and loop area now snap only to the time bar.
- The play button in the tracker was enabled even though no audio input sender was connected.
- The tracker insert/remove line was not drawn correctly in scales other than 100%.
- The tracker grid could stay small if zoomed out and the window was resized.
- The preview MIDI DnD block was not updated when loading a project or editing in the tracker grid.
- Recording again in a tracker file that has sample rate other than 44100 Hz now works as intended.
- Drag and drop of audio from Cubase should now work with any special characters in the file names.
- Changing octave with shortcut now plays preview.
- Preview note off times are now reset so that changing back to a note that was recently played does not cut off that note early.
- Recording again and thereby making the audio longer did not create any notes after the original length.
- The "Recent Files from Project" list in the "Select Audio File" menu was not cleared when a project was loaded, meaning it could grow very large and have duplicate entries.
- Custom keyboard shortcut bindings that are displayed with non-ASCII characters (for example some language-specific characters) would not be correctly displayed after restarting EZbass. If you have such bindings from before, you can fix how they are displayed by rebinding them.