Toontrack has updated Superior Drummer to v3.1.5.
- Improved articulation matching when loading cymbals from other libraries.
- Improved default mic routing when loading instruments from other positions and other libraries (mainly newer ones).
- The About dialog now has a link to a webpage with trademarks.
- Five new parameters have been added to the room reverb (size, motion, depth, high cut and low cut).
- The order of instruments and articulations is now saved in projects.
- Whether the time bar should use straight or triplet resolution is now determined by what is selected in the snap/resolution menu instead of by a context menu for the time bar.
- The popup value shown on the velocity slider when dragged (and tooltip) now matches the true MIDI velocity when exported.
- Added an e-drum transform option named "Lower Choke Threshold" (in the Edit menu in Settings) which causes all aftertouch values above 30 to be transformed to 127.
- Added an option to convert a note to aftertouch.
- The Analyzer on the settings page can now show aftertouch events as well.
- Roland e-drum presets now support positional sensing on the ride (if the module/setup supports it). Decades and newer SDXs support this.
- ATV now has "Lower Choke Threshold" and "Single Choke Mode" active.
- The 2box presets now support cymbal choking.
- The Alesis Strike preset now supports cymbal choking.
- The Mono Output setting should now work in Nuendo as well.
- When the "Additional Libraries" path is possible to change (because the folder isn't available or it doesn't contain any MIDI or EZXs), it can now be changed to a folder that doesn't contain MIDI/EZXs – so you can determine where MIDI and EZXs will be installed.
- The description for the CPU core setting has been modified.
Bug Fixes (Major)
- Drums and Mixer presets would not get loaded if you pressed down the mouse button on the menu button and then released the mouse button on the desired preset. Using the Enter key to select a preset did not work either.
- If the active preset contains macro controls but you don't use them and instead directly modify things that the macro controls are bound to, those modifications are no longer lost the next time the GUI is opened.
- The copy/paste entries in the main Edit menu were never enabled.
- MIDI Out should now work in the AU version.
- Hi-hat transmutes should no longer glitch when kick or snare mics are faded.
- Parameter recording (in most DAWs) was not working properly, especially Touch and Latch modes.
- While dragging a MIDI file from outside SD3, entering and then leaving the window did not properly turn off drag graphics. For example, parts of the groove browser would stay looking disabled.
- Tempo ramps should now work again.
- If a block is resized so that all original power hand hits are outside the edges, the block no longer becomes totally empty when the project is saved and then loaded.
- Notes could end up having their Note Off outside the block boundaries when a block was resized.
- Dragging a groove from the browser to a hole between blocks on the song track did not properly apply the new length to the song block, leaving notes active outside the block boundaries, which could crash the grid editor.
- Some MIDI notes could be missed when syncing to a DAW due to rounding errors between buffers.
- Programming percussion claps, then saving and loading the project twice would make the claps disappear.
- When the grid editor was open in a detached window and meanwhile, instruments were added or removed, the MIDI mapping was changed or a different Drums and Mixer Preset was loaded, for example, then the grid editor would end up in a bad state internally, so that clicking in it or doing other grid editor operations could lead to a crash.
- Deleting notes with the pen tool was not working properly, as the notes would reappear the next time the project was loaded, for example.
- A long note could be removed when two blocks were merged if the note was overlapping the edge of the first block. This could crash the grid editor.
- Fixed a potential crash when a stack was removed from an instrument.
- When cymbals from other positions or libraries were loaded, cymbal articulations were not always matched/translated well.
- Searching with Tap2Find and then selecting a folder without subfolders would make the sorting stop working.
- On Mac, moving a reverb or a delay to a different effect slot should no longer cause a crash.
- It should no longer crash if you click on a song structure when there are no suggestions.
- Fixed a potential crash when velocities were changed.
- The "Preview Selected Event" button should no longer play the entire audio file.
- "Stop All Audio" now also stops the "Preview Selected Event" audio.
- In e-drum settings, it no longer crashes if you try to reset the CC for Snare Zone Control.
- The Windows-only setting "Adjust scale when dragging main window to another screen" was never read from the preferences.
- (Windows) Turning off an ASIO sound card could lead to a crash.
- Incoming MIDI events would sometimes randomly be skipped, especially when a small buffer size was used.
Bug Fixes (Minor)
- EZX preset macro controls would sometimes incorrectly affect output channel effects.
- Route Instrument Microphones would sometimes fail after an extra added Instrument had been removed.
- SD3 is no longer silenced after loading a Superior Drummer 2 preset with soloed instruments/articulations.
- Keyboard shortcuts didn't work when the macro control editor view was visible.
- Pressing the Esc key when the macro control editor was in an external window and active would make the window blank.
- Keyboard shortcuts were allowed during mouse operations which could result in crashes and other bad things.
- On Mac in file/folder selection dialogs, it didn't work to choose a path that contained a question mark.
- The About dialog no longer shows some library names in all caps.
- The About dialog said "VST" for AU and AAX on Mac.
- Triplets were not drawn correctly on the time bar.
- Zooming using mouse wheel (and modifier) with the mouse pointer positioned near the left edge of the song track no longer scrolls to the first bar (in one jump).
- Keyboard shortcuts could stop working if the song container was in focus and time signature/tempo editor was open.
- Undo/redo sometimes caused the time bar to not be correctly scaled, so that song blocks seemed to have wrong positions.
- When MIDI Mapping Keys were shown, the articulation menu and its Select All button could overlap Clear Mute and Clear Solo buttons.
- The text in the articulation menu button lost its left margin if you switched away from the Drums tab and then back.
- Clicking and dragging in empty space in the result view selected the last entry and dragged that file. Now the empty space is dead space.
- The modifier bar now correctly extends to the edge of the window when Groove Parts are hidden.
- At 125% scale, mixer channel names were written on one line instead of two.
- Dragging and dropping instrument/articulation rows in grid editor did not always place them as expected.
- Fixes for issues with the "Select" menu in Grid Editor – note selection preview is more reliable and hovering with the mouse button pressed now works.
- 1/2t and 1/4t snap resolutions were not drawn correctly.
- After changing snap settings, the grid editor timebar was drawing too few lines.
- Drawing aftertouch was always done with snap on.
- Notes had too large hit area in the grid.
- Drag-inserting multiple notes in the grid did not show any graphics until the mouse was released.
- When an onset is added, the velocity is now correct without the GUI having to be updated first.
- Library paths should now look correct even if they contain special characters.
- In the Edit menu in e-drum settings, CC values are no longer written as notes with numbers over 127.
- "Add Alternative Library Path" did not work in some cases (if the existing path was path number 2 internally).
- Changing the disk type (SSD or HDD) of individual libraries did not work after "Disk Type (All Paths) " had been set in the same session.
- The "Disk Type (All Paths) " menu now correctly shows whether all library disk types are set to SSD or HDD or are mixed.