u-he has announced the release of version 2.9 of Zebra. The update is free for Zebra2 owners. This release currently includes Windows and macOS versions only, the Linux version will be updated soon.
Zebra 2.9 introduces full NKS support, macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility, complete X/Y pad control assignments (for countless variations per preset) and a comprehensively tagged factory patch library.
Zebra2 is available at a 30% discount for a limited time. u-he also has a Black Friday offer for existing customers. If you had at least one commercial u-he product registered at the time the Black Friday offer started, you can get a personal 30% discount coupon for use in the u-he online store.
New features and improvements:
- Mac installer notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- NKS support for Zebra2 and Zebrify.
- Factory presets all tagged and X/Ys assigned.
- Two new oscillator effects (DX, Smear).
- Five new presets for Zebrify.
- Browser: file icons added.
- Browser: file system drag&drop support.
- Browser: import/export of favourite assignments.
- Wavetable export function for OSC1 (DotEight only).
- VST3 MIDI-learn working.
- Windows installer improvements.
- Full UTF-8 support for installation paths.
- Mac installer improved to prevent permission problems.
- Improved GUI response time on some Macs running Mojave (sluggish GUI).
- Windows GUI performance improved (less CPU load with open GUI).
- Sustain pedal now working according to standard (0-63 = off, 64-127 = on).
- Modulation mapper Increment mode resets on host playback start/stop.
- Fixed an issue where some oscillator effect combinations would lead to silence.
- Fixed an issue where parameters could take over X/Y value from previous preset.
- Fixed an issue with pitchbend when switching presets (VST3, Cubase only).
- Fixed an issue where microtuning & low notes could lead to problems.
- Fixed an issue with the arp when not receiving MIDI note-off events.
- Fixed an issue with the MSEG in single trigger mode.
- Fixed rare crash when reopening old host projects.
- Fixed rare issue where newly imported presets would not show up.
- Fixed multiple graphics glitches in VCF module.
- Fixed a glitch when trying to adjust MSEG mod depth in Zebrify.
- Fixed wrong link to ZebraHZ presets folder (Windows only).
- Various other fixes and improvements.
Read the full list of changes in the Release Notes.