Universal Audio released three new direct developer plug-ins for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces — the Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection, Sonnox Oxford Envolution, and the exclusive Marshall JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier, developed by Softube. All three plug-ins are part of UAD Software v8.5, now available for download at the UA Online Store.
Marshall JMP 2203 Guitar Amp Plug-in ($199)
Upgrade from any UAD Marshall plug-in for $149
Developed by Softube exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces, the Marshall JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier Plug-In is an emulation of the legendary ultra-flexible 100-watt amplifier used by everyone from Iron Maiden and Slayer, to Jeff Beck and My Bloody Valentine. All Marshall plug-ins include UA's Unison technology; Apollo user's guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they're plugged into a vintage Marshall amp — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
- The world's only authentic and licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Marshall JMP 2203 amplifier.
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original JMP 2203.
- Five essential virtual microphone options.
- Over 50 presets designed by legendary AC/DC engineer Tony Platt.
Developed by Sonnox, the Oxford Envolution is a frequency-dependent envelope shaper that can add presence/distance to drums, piano, guitar, and any other percussive content. With separate transient and sustain sections, the Envolution can radically modify the sound of sources, boosting sustain for added ambience or cutting it for quick, precise gating. Designed to provide a balance between flexibility and ease of use, the Envolution can be used to generate negative ratio compression effects.
- Comprehensive control of key shaping parameters including attack, hold, and release.
- Separate and frequency dependent control of transients and sustain.
- Tilt/parametric targeting of frequencies.
- Huge gain ranges: Transients ±24 dB; Sustain -48 dB to +24 dB.
- Warmth control for harmonic saturation/tone shaping.
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-in Collection ($299)
Upgrade from UAD bx_digital V2 for $49
The Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection is a reimagining of the popular bx_digital V2 EQ plug-in — a state-of-the-art mastering EQ and M/S (mid/side) processor and indispensable tool for many of the world's top mixing, mastering, and post-production engineers.
The bx_digital V3 EQ adds a Dynamic EQ section, radically updated filters, and a new proportional Q mode to the already powerful M/S capabilities of the plug-in. New user-friendly features also include Gain Scale and three tones of focus for the onboard Bass and Presence 'Shifters'.
- Precise Mid/Side mastering processor and EQ with expanded feature set.
- Comprehensive controls for stereo and Mid/Side panorama, levels, and stereo width.
- EQ features extended frequency range, proportional Q bandwidth, and Auto-solo function for critical listening applications.
- Revamped Dynamic EQ/De-esser section.
- Gain Scale feature for artifact-free alternative to Dry/Wet processing.