Ugritone has announced the release of KVLT Drums 2, a Drum Sample Library catered to cover all areas of '80s/'90s/'00s Underground Metal Drum Sound - "Unpolished beauty, raw natural sound".
Ugritone says "Whether you're after chasing the sound of Norwegian fjords, buzzsaw sludge of Sweden, swampy marshlands of Tampa, thrash attack of the Bay Area, ear-piercing brutality of East Coast Death Metal or straight-edge breakdowns of Mid 90's Belgium; KVLT Drums 2 can cater that drum sound. Shape it anyway you like, enhance it anyway you like".
- VST/AU/AAX Compatible.
- 12 Snares, 2 Kicks, 3 Full Set of Toms, Lots of cymbals.
- Drums Engineered by: Ron D. Rock @ New Soundstakk Studios, Windsor, ON.
- Drums Performed by: Ron D. Rock.
- 1.2 GB Download Size.
- Includes a Black Metal MIDI Groove Library.
- Load your own .WAV samples.
Sampler Engine: YouTube.com/watch?v=sa6OCI7iCTc
KVLT Drums 2 features Ugritone's most advanced sampler-engine covering numerous round robins and velocity layers that ensure the most realistic virtual drumming experience. Advanced scripting combined with a dynamic sampling technique ensures that you won't get that machine-gun robotic effect.
Interface & Mixing Features: YouTube.com/watch?v=sXhEnIkkVNo
The graphic user interface allows you to process the kit individually or in groups. You can adjust gain, pan & individual mic levels per each and every drum. Meaning that you can nail the desired blend of close mics, adjust the levels for overheads, room & FX channels. Total control over every channel.
To ensure full control over each and every channel, KVLT Drums was captured with multiple close mics, FX mics along with Overheads & Room Channels:
- Close Mics:
- Snare & shells: SM57 (1073 & Aural Exciter).
- U47 FET (G9 & 55B).
- Kick: SM57 & U47 FET.
- The Hell Mics:
- This channel is the glue to make the kit sound even tighter together. Placed flat on the floor and compressed to death, The Hell Mic unites the kit.
- Hell Mic: SM57 (Distressor, Limiter).
- The Trash Mic:
- If the Hell Mic is bringing the glue, the Trash Mic is bringing the grit. Bringing up those nasty overtones and that 4-track demo feel. Blend it in to get nice distorted harmonics or let this one dominate for Pure Fucking Armageddon.
- Trash Mic: Unknown Talkback Mic (1073 & EQ).
- Overheads is the crucial element to each and every drum sound. Some like to get the full picture out of Overheads while some like to carve out the lows and let it sparkle in the highs. We gave you the fullest, yet brightest possible starting point for Overhead sound so regardless of your approach, you are one-step closer in nailing a good Overhead sound.
- Overhead Mics: Stereo Pair of KM184's (V72 & 1084).
- Room Mics:
- Room Channel captured the small yet punchy sound of the brand new Soundstakk Studios. Nulled away from the kit, the room mics added weight and depth into the drums.
- Room Mic: Stereo Pair of 76's (G9, 670, 55B).
- Mapex Armory 22x18 (MorrisKick, StickyKick).
- Mapex Black Panther 6.5x14 (MorrisSnare, BonzoSnare).
- Ludwig Black Beauty 6.5x14 (HolyLudwig, MeanLudwig, TightLudwig).
- Mapex Warbird 5.5x12 (Metalbird, Vertibird).
- Mapex Armory 8x8 (Clear/Concert/Teatowel).
- Mapex Armory 10x8 (Clear/Concert/Teatowel).
- Mapex Armory 12x9 (Clear/Concert/Teatowel).
- Mapex Armory 16x16 (Clear/Concert/Teatowel).
- Mapex Armory 18x16 (Clear/Concert/Teatowel).
- Zildjian AA Medium Hat 14" *.
- Sabian XSR Medium Ride 20".
- Ziljdian A Custom 16".
- Sabian XSR Fast Crash 18".
- Zildjian K Custom 19".
- Sabian XSR Rock Crash 18".
- Ziljdian K Custom 19".
- Sabian AAX 8".
- Wuhan 10".
- China 2:
- Wuhan China 12".
- Custom Stack 19".
- Custom Stack 12".
- Drums need more consistency and need to cut through mix better? Add One-shot WAVs. KVLT Drums 2 comes equipped with some cool one-shot WAVs to enhance your drumming experience even further. You can also load your own personal favourites to thicken up those drums.
Kit Presets: YouTube/hM16-X3OGj0
Not really sure how a certain Drum Sound was crafted? Kit Presets to the rescue. Ugritone spent hours crafting these presets to give you the best possible starting point per genre & style. Flick through and see which style suits your song the best.
- A Drum Library wouldn't be complete without a set of cool new grooves. KVLT Drums 2 stock features a broad selection of favourite Black Metal drum beats & fills.
Intro Price: $50.00 (Reg. $75).