Universal Audio and Softube have announced the Marshall "Plexi" Super Lead plug-in — the only Marshall-branded amplifier plug-in on the market — coming exclusively to Apollo audio interfaces and the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform in May 2015.
Marshall "Plexi" Super Lead Plug-In — $199
The 100-watt Marshall Super Lead Model 1959, commonly referred to as the "Plexi, " is one of the world's most celebrated guitar amps. Softube worked with Marshall and recording engineer Tony Platt (AC/DC's Highway to Hell and Back in Black) to craft a faithful emulation of Marshall's own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 and captured using an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet in Kore Studios, London.
Now users of Universal Audio's Apollo audio interfaces can get the dead-on Marshall Super Lead tone as they record in real time, while users of UAD-2 hardware can re-amp previously recorded tracks through this amazingly accurate plug-in.
Marshall Plexi Key Features:
- Faithful emulation of Marshall's own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 with an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet.
- Perfect for mixing and reamping with UAD-2 hardware, or tracking in real time with Apollo audio interfaces.
- Microphone selections and placements by Tony Platt (AC/DC), captured in Kore Studios, London.
- 3 different microphone combinations available — FET, Valve, and Dynamic — with three separate mics per setting.
- Channel strip includes pans and volume faders for each mic, plus two band EQ.
- Developed by Softube, available in May for $199 in the UA Online Store.
Learn more about UAD Powered Plug-Ins: uaudio.com/uad-plug-ins.html
Learn more about the new line of Apollo audio interfaces: uaudio.com/apollo