Universal Audio has introduced UAFX, the company's first line of effects pedals, featuring sonically authentic emulations of classic reverb, delay, and modulation circuits. Here's what they say:
The results of an exhaustive multi-year R&D effort, UAFX Golden Reverberator, Starlight Echo Station, and Astra Modulation Machine bring powerful dual-processor architecture to the effects pedal market, delivering three distinct vintage sounds per pedal, with impeccable UA analog design and build quality.
UAFX features include Preset/Live modes, analog dry-through, stereo/dual mono operation, true bypass with silent switching, additional downloadable effects from the acclaimed UAD team, and more.
Golden Reverberator: Classic Reverbs, Expertly Captured
From the dense sound of 1950's studio plates, to tube-driven spring reverb of classic 1960's guitar amps, and endless algorithmic wonder of vintage digital reverbs, Golden Reverberator packs decades of iconic reverb sounds into a single, beautifully-crafted stompbox. Spring 65, Plate 140, and Hall 224 effects, each with available modulation, offer an essential palette of vintage reverb textures.
Starlight Echo Station: Famed Analog and Digital Delays
Borrowing from UA's deep expertise in analog emulation, Starlight Echo Station offers the finest classic delay effects ever captured in a stompbox. Featuring three delay types — Tape EP-III, Analog DMM, and Precision — capturing iconic hardware of the past 60 years, Starlight offers additional settings for tape wear, modulation, and preamp color for endless inspiring tones.
Astra Modulation Machine: A Trio of Timeless Modulation Effects
Astra Modulation Machine is a complete sonic workstation. From spacey studio flanger tones of the 1970's, to gritty bucket-brigade chorus, and luscious opto tube tremolo, Astra puts three perfectly-emulated modulation sounds at your feet. Chorus Brigade, Flanger DBLR, and Trem 65 settings — with secondary modes for Vibrato, Doubling, and more — combine for an abundance of tasteful tweaking.
- Landmark reverb, delay, and modulation pedals featuring powerful dual-processor UAFX engine with sonic authenticity beyond all other stompboxes.
- Simple Live and Preset modes for instant recall of your favorite sound.
- Additional downloadable effects by the world-renowned UAD algorithm team.
- True or buffered bypass with trails (Golden, Starlight), silent switching.
- Analog dry through (Golden, Starlight), stereo/dual mono operation.
- Classic UA analog design and robust craftsmanship, built to last decades.
- Switchable True/Buffered bypass available via UAFX Control software (coming Spring 2021).
UAFX pedals will be available in Spring 2021 with an estimated street price of $399 each.