NAMM 2023Universal Audio releases Immersive Audio Support for Apollo x16 Interfaces
Universal Audio has released UAD Software 10.2.3, featuring 16‑channel immersive audio monitoring support with Apollo x16 for Dolby Atmos, Auro‑3D, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and others.
This free update includes all‑new Monitor Controls, Calibration, and Metering windows in Apollo's Console application, turning Apollo x16 into an affordable immersive audio mixing and monitoring solution up to 9.1.6.
Apollo x16 is the industry-standard recording studio centerpiece, seamlessly connecting to outboard analog gear and mixing consoles. With 16 channels of elite‑class A/D and D/A and Realtime UAD HEXA Core processing, Apollo x16 gives producers access to over 200 plug‑ins exclusively from the UAD library.
Apollo x16 Key Features:
- NEW: Control 16‑channel immersive audio mixes for Dolby Atmos, Auro‑3D, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and others.
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class‑leading 24‑bit/192 kHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac).
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines.
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices.
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug‑in bundle. Other UAD plug‑ins sold separately.
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono.
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality.
Price: Apollo x16 Audio Interfaces — $3999 (USD).