Introduced in the late 1960s, the AKG BX 20 spring reverb was an ingenious assembly of mechanical and electronic componentry. It was designed to offer a depth and color of spring reverb without any of the limitations.
The AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb plug-in for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces is exclusively endorsed by AKG Acoustics, Austria. Unlike other spring reverb emulations, Universal Audio's hybrid delay network/convolution design provides the only plug-in representation of this mechanically controllable, acoustic ambience system. To that end, UA obsessively emulated a "golden unit" BX 20 from legendary producer, Jon Brion.
In addition, the AKG BX 20 plug-in features a bevy of "plug-in only" controls for modern DAW workflows, and presets from famous AKG BX 20 users, including Patrick Carney (Black Keys), Vance Powell (Jack White), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon), and more.
- Exclusively licensed and endorsed by AKG Acoustics, designed by Universal Audio.
- Models the BX 20's famous dual tank TTL (Torsion Transmission Line) reverb unit and R20 Decay remote control.
- Dark and dense spring ambience for reverb buses or individual sources.
- Features original dual spring tank configuration, plus "Mk II" stereoized A/B Tank Select, Direct signal defeat, and BX 10 Tone controls.
- "Digital Only" features include Decay, Volume and Pan, Link, Dry/Wet blend, Predelay, and Low Cut Filter.
- Features artist presets from Patrick Carney (Black Keys), Vance Powell (Jack White), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon), and more.
Price: $199 - Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide.