Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v9.2 for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces. The new version adds the UA-developed SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection and Pure Plate Reverb plug-ins.
Fully endorsed by Solid State Logic, the SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection ($299*) — an end-to-end circuit emulation of the compressor that is integral to the hit-making SSL sound. The G Bus Compressor is legend for making mixes bigger, more powerful, and punchy, all the while enhancing cohesion and clarity.
Embarking on a ground-up re-design of the original SSL G Bus Compressor plug-in, UA's team of engineers meticulously modeled every nuance of the in-console and FX G384 rackmount specimens, including their unique CV (control voltage) summing.
*$149 upgrade price from SSL G Bus Compressor Legacy plug-in.
- End-to-end circuit emulation of SSL's iconic bus compressor exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces.
- Specially tailored dynamic characteristics ideal for compressing full mix or subgroups.
- Signature SSL G Bus features include fixed range Attack and Release including program-dependent "Auto" release, and Auto Fade.
- Plug-in exclusive features include SC Filter, Dry/Wet parallel processing and Headroom for user-customizable operating level.
- Artist presets from Just Blaze (Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar), Peter Mokran (The Flaming Lips, Mary J. Blige), Ian Boxill (Prince, Tupac), and more.
- DSP-lite SSL G Bus Compressor Legacy plug-in included.
The Pure Plate Reverb plug-in ($149) provides UA's plate reverb emulation in a simple, affordable package — with all of the essential features. Pure Plate Reverb is designed to capture all of the sonic and mechanical nuances of the steel plate, transducers, and dampers that have flattered iconic recordings for over half a century.
- Provides the warm, lush sound of mechanical plate reverb used on records from the '50s to today.
- Simple designed control set for intuitive tone shaping.
- Low frequency input filtering, Pre Delay, Decay, Bass and Treble Tone controls, Balance, and Dry/Wet mix.
- Artist presets from Patrick Carney (The Black Keys), Richard Chycki (Rush, Dream Theater) Chuck Zwicky (Prince, The Time) and more.