Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v9.3, featuring the new UA-developed KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay plug-in and four titles from UA's direct developer partners: Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner, Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ, ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier and AMS RMX16 Expanded.
In close partnership with KORG, Universal Audio has introduced the KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay plug-in for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces — an end-to-end circuit emulation of the iconic 1980's rack unit famous for its burnished-sounding 13-bit delays and instrument-friendly analog preamp.
Introduced in 1982, the KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay was popularized by U2 guitarist, The Edge, to forge one of the most identifiable guitar sounds in the history of rock. The SDD-3000 also found a home in early new wave and 80's synth music, as well as heavy use by producer/guitarist Daniel Lanois and producer William Orbit.
In crafting the KORG SDD-3000 plug-in, Universal Audio modeled a vintage "golden unit," capturing its famed analog preamp and output section. Filled with JRC-made op-amps — the same type as many classic preamp, boost, and overdrive pedals of the era — the UAD KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay plug-in emulates this musical analog circuit.
Owners of UA's Apollo audio interfaces can track in real time with the famed analog preamp of a vintage KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay, like having the original hardware. The KORG SDD-3000 plug-in also features Universal Audio's Unison technology, giving Apollo users the all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making the KORG SDD-3000 an iconic effect unit.
KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay Plug-In Key Features:
- Authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of KORG's legendary 1980's SDD-3000 Digital Delay — exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces.
- Meticulously modeled analog input and output analog preamp sections.
- Signature Filter circuit for shaping delay repeats.
- Comprehensive Waveform and Modulation section for phaser, flanger, chorusing and doubling effects.
- Exclusive plug-in-only features include tempo sync, multiple stereo modes, and rhythmic subdivisions.
- Unison technology allows for authentic guitar interaction with Apollo Interfaces.
Developed by Softube, and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in is an emulation of the rare analog auto-panner introduced in 1984. Famous for deep panning and modulation effects, and imparting instant vibe and stereo character to any source, the Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in's bi-directional "Round Sound" panning yields a 3D sound stage.
Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the ultra-rare Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner analog hardware.
- Imparts instant vibe and stereo character on a variety of sources.
- Auto-panning with variable and shapeable LFO.
- 3D panning with variable and shapeable LFO.
- Gate function for triggered panning with adjustable sensitivity.
- Exclusive plug-in-only features include DAW sync for LFO and flexible stereo input/output configurations.
Developed by Sonnox, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces offers high-level control over the frequency content of audio, helping tackle the most demanding production challenges during mixing or mastering.
The first dynamic EQ on the UAD platform, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in is an excellent alternative to multiband compression, allowing producers and engineers to sculpt and shape sources with unending precision.
Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ Plug-In Key Features:
- Powerful dynamic EQ with signature Oxford professional-level transparency and control.
- 5 bands of 'R3 Type 3' proportional-Q dynamic equalization with optional shelf type.
- All bands can overlap fluidly and process and/or detect from mono, stereo, mid.
- or side channels.
- Flexible per-band side chain controls.
- Allows up/down compression and up/down expansion.
- Optional onset detection for very precise transient processing.
ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier — $149*
*$99 for owners of any other UAD ENGL plug-in
Developed by Brainworx and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in captures all of the punishing, beastly punch of ENGL's most diabolical high-gain amp. The ENGL Savage 120 plug-in not only captures the intense crunch and distortion of the original amp, it adds 100 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping.
The ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in also features Unison technology for Apollo interfaces. This means Apollo user's guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they're plugged into an ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier.
ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original ENGL Savage 120 guitar amplifier.
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by ENGL.
- 100 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinet impulse responses.
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre– and post-amp bypass.
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Savage 120 amplifier thanks to impedance matching.
- Available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces.
AMS RMX16 Expanded — $349*
*$49 for owners of previous AMS RMX16 plug-in
The AMS RMX16 was the world's first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverb. From U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna, the unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable.
Developed by AMS Neve and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in captures the expansive shimmer of the original hardware, and adds nine rare, custom programs, doubling the sonic possibilities of the original UAD AMS RMX16 plug-in.
Featuring 810 ms of delay, brighter rooms, and variations of the legendary RMX16 Nonlin, Reverse, and Plate reverbs, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in is a powerful update to this iconic studio tool.
AMS RMX16 Expanded Plug-In Key Features:
- The only authentic RMX16 digital reverb plug-in developed by original hardware designer Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve.
- Offers the exact legendary reverb and delay algorithms of an ultra-rare, custom RMX16.
- Classic RMX16 Programs such as Ambience, Nonlinear, Room, Hall, Plate, Echo, Chorus, and Reverse, as well as rare programs like Nonlin 1.
- Plug-in-only features including Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and easy "click-and-type" editing of control values.
- New presets from famous RMX16 power users Steve Levine, Ross Hogarth, David Isaac, and more.