Universal Audio has released UAD Software version 9.7. The new release adds the Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects plug-in for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces. Priced at $349, UA say the new plug-in is the world's only Lexicon-endorsed emulation of this classic studio reverb — "capturing its unique, infinitely moldable ambience and modulation splendor".
Released in 1986, the Lexicon 480L Digital Effects System and its iconic fader-driven remote control have resided at the center of famous studio consoles for more than 30 years. The 480L's spacious reverb and vivid effects textures are a coveted sonic benchmark, helping to shape thousands of chart-topping tracks to this day.
In addition to Lexicon's prized reverbs, the Lexicon 480L's random time-varying "Effects" algorithm provides dramatic reverse, doubling, tremolo and chorus sounds. Combined with its unique four-voice Twin Delay algorithm, the Effects algorithm is designed to turn the 480L into a versatile multi-effects system with creative potential.
- Licensed and endorsed by Lexicon, featuring their pinnacle achievement algorithm designs.
- Provides the essential sound and control set of the legendary Lexicon hardware.
- Enduring Lexicon reverb and effects derived from final software version 4.10 including Plate, Hall, Room, Random, Ambience, Twin Delays and Effects algorithms.
- UAD plug-in recreates iconic desktop "LARC" remote with logical workflow improvements.
- Includes over 100 artist presets from Spike Stent, Chuck Zwicky, Eli Janney, Ian Boxill, Jacknife Lee, and more.
New in UAD Software v9.7:
- New UAD-2 Plug-In from Universal Audio:
- Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects.
- New UAD-2 Plug-Ins from Direct Development Partners:
- AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip by AMS Neve.
- Softube Vocoder by Softube.
- Suhr SE100 Amplifier by Brainworx.
- bx_masterdesk Classic by Brainworx.
- Enhancements and Changes:
- (Apollo X) Support for Apple Mac Pro Late 2013 "black cylinder" models.
- (Manley VOXBOX) High resolution graphics for macOS Retina displays.
- (bx_masterdesk) Arrow & Apollo Twin SOLO can run stereo instance at 96 kHz.
- (Oxford EQ) High resolution graphics for macOS Retina displays.
- (Oxford Inflator) High resolution graphics for macOS Retina displays.
- (Oxford Envolution) Undo/Redo key commands function as expected in Console.
- (Oxford Envolution) Mono (m) instance reports correct latency compensation on stereo track.
- (Oxford Envolution) Fixed crash removing Mono (m) instance from stereo track in Steinberg DAWs.
- (Oxford Envolution) Assign window no longer disappears under certain conditions.
- (Oxford Limiter) Assign window no longer disappears under certain conditions.
- (Oxford Limiter) UAD DSP is no longer used when Audio Units version is recalled in bypassed state.