Universal Audio has announced the release of the UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins & PCIe DSP Accelerator Card for DAWs. The UAD-2 is the successor to the UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins & DSP Card Platform.
UAD-2 offers scalable DSP power via 3 different types of cards (Solo, Duo or Quad) which can be mixed or matched in any combination up to 4 cards. Each UAD-2 is powered by the same Analog Devices 21369 SHARC floating-point DSP in single and multi-chip configurations. UAD-2 offers 2.5X (Solo), 5x (Duo) and 10X (Quad) the power of UAD-1.
The UAD-2 is designed and manufactured in the USA, is now shipping and immediately available at UA dealers worldwide in 9 different hardware/software bundles ranging in street price from $499 (UAD-2 SOLO) to $1999 (UAD-2 Nevana 128).
- 2.5X (Solo), 5X (Duo), 10X (Quad) the power of UAD-1 on a single PCI Express card.
- VST and AU support, cross platform Mac OS X Leopard/Tiger, Win XP/Vista (NOTE: RTAS support to follow in a future 5.x release).
- Easily Expandable DSP - Use up to 4 UAD-1 & 4 UAD-2 cards in one system.
- LiveTrack (low-latency track/monitor mode) L.O.D.E (Live Optimizing DSP Engine).
- SessionMap (bi-directional UAD-1<>UAD-2 session compatibility & DSP manager).