Universal Audio has announced the web release of v4.10 software for the UAD Family of DSP Card's & Powered Plug-Ins. Version 4.10 includes 14-day fully functional demos of both the new VCA VU Compressor, a faithful emulation of the classic discrete dbx 160 VU compressor, and new Precision Enhancer kHz, a UA-developed multi-mode Enhancer using unique equalization and dynamic expansion technology. Registered UAD customers can purchase full authorizations of each plug-in at my.uaudio.com for $149.
"We are continuing to rapidly expand our unique UAD plug-in portfolio with a two-pronged approach including a) cloning distinguished outboard classics from the historical archives such as the new VCA VU Compressor and b) innovating our own flavor of studio problem-solving utilities such as the Precision Enhancer kHz while keeping prices accessible to our project studio customers." said Mike Barnes, VP of Marketing for UA.
Key VCA VU Compressor/Limiter Features:
- Plug-in emulation of the dbx 160, the very first solid-state VCA compressor.
- Faithfully modeled, same simple control set of its analog counterpart.
- Threshold, Compression and Output controls with VU meter mode selection.
- Modeled from desirable 'non-monolithic' original design, adding unique non-linearities.
Key Precision Enhancer kHz Features:
- Modern enhancement tool for dull or poorly recorded tracks.
- Designed for minimal repairs or drastic alteration.
- Five enhancement modes ensure maximum versatility with the widest array of material.
- Sensitivity control blends effected signal into original signal.
- Sweepable high-frequency emphasis selection plus speed control for smooth or aggressive response.